Hi all. I have been looking for more reliable drivers for my Saitek hardware. Then I came across SPAD Next, which sounds like a more advanced driver.  I have been out of the loop a bit with FS generally so this is new to me.

I haven't bought the registered version, but it looks like it might work with P3D3.4. And I will probably buy it because the default Saitek are drivers useless.

It is annoying because you pay good money for this hardware. Then you have to pay someone else to make it work properly. :laugh:

Are there any pre-made profiles for the specific Saitek device? In my case I have a Saitek Radio Stack, Pro flight yoke and pedals. I saw a video which was infomative but It seemed very aborious having to find every simulator command through Simconnect or FSUIPS (looking at this video). Because of the amount of commands, there is a high risk of setting the wrong thing? It seems like a lot of work to do, and all you really want it to do is make the device work. If you can download a profile from spad themselves this would be very helpful. And I don't mean people giving away their own profiles. I mean a out the box profile that knows what your device is. Obviously the profile can be tweaked after that? Many thanks for the video.

I have been using the default Saitek profiles. But it is difficult getting those to work well. Quite often they don't work.

Many thanks. Jools

I used the demo version for 2 weeks and purchased it once that trial was up.  It is pretty easy to create you own profiles but not entirely necessary as you can 'import' others profiles.

As an added bonus it works with Goflight's EFIS.  So now I have full EFIS control of PMDG's 747 and 777 and guessing once the 737 is released for P3Dv4 that too.

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Hi,

SPAD.neXt works with Prepar3d4. I run Prepar3d4 and use it for driving Switch, Multi, and Radio Panel, in addition 9 FIight Instrument Panels, and the Saitek Cessna Yoke, Pedals, Trim Wheel, and the TPM.

There exist predefined profiles for several planes which you can load directly into SPAD.neXt. In addition, there are code snippets available to assign specific functions to specific buttons/axis. And, yes, there are a lot of people giving away/making available their profiles. I made a couple of profiles available myself.

Not all of the profiles are of the same quality, although there are some quality criteria (number of accesses, a voting scheme etc.). Of course there are chances there will be no profile available for exotic planes in which case you can still start from a most similar profile (say, another single-engine plane) and modify it according to the needs.

In most cases you will find a fitting profile. Programming buttons/axis yourselfs requires a bit of patience and knowledge. However, there is a very active forum available. Plus the author has a ticket system and is very responsive.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi thanks for the reply. I have installed Spad next. Home User.

To do all this yourself. My goodness it look horrendous!

But I managed to borrow some kind clever souls profile. I guess thats how this works.

It worked now straight away. I think anyway. Will let you know if I have any issues.

Best regards

Julian

On ‎2017‎年‎7‎月‎8‎日 at 9:47 PM, joolsd said:

Hi thanks for the reply. I have installed Spad next. Home User.

To do all this yourself. My goodness it look horrendous!

But I managed to borrow some kind clever souls profile. I guess thats how this works.

It worked now straight away. I think anyway. Will let you know if I have any issues.

Best regards

Julian

To support PMDG737 / 777/747. Is it a registered version?