Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

PMDG A/C Installation

Hi,

I recently had to reset windows 10 and have to rebuild my flight simulator. I own PMDG: 737-6-700; 737-8-900;  B777-200 and B747-400 QOS II. My drive where FSX-SE is installed is somewhat limited (250GB SSD).

Question: Can I install PMDG aircraft on another drive ( 1TB HDD) on the same machine? Or do they have to be installed on the same drive as FSX-SE?

Thanks for answer

Brgds

Juergen Mader

3 hours ago, Juergen said:

Or do they have to be installed on the same drive as FSX-SE?

The have to be installed to the FSX-SE root folder.  FSX does not have the same ability as P3D to use gauges and simObjects in external locations.  Although they currently do not take advantage of that in P3D, because the plate runneth over converting to 64b P3Dv4, I'm confident they will in the future.

You can save space by installing sceneries externally... and for most that is where the space gets gobbled up.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, I'll install in the FSX-SE root folder.

Question: how/where do you install scenery like airports externally. You have to have a reference to the addon scenery and the scenery and texture folders.

Thanks

Brgds

Juergen Mader

10 hours ago, Juergen said:

Thanks, I'll install in the FSX-SE root folder.

Question: how/where do you install scenery like airports externally. You have to have a reference to the addon scenery and the scenery and texture folders.

Thanks

You can create their own folders, i.e TropicalSim, and add all of your airports from them into that folder, the same for all the other scenery that you have. Then go into the Scenery Library and click "add an area" and then point it to each individual airport's file. After that, it will ask you to name the airport, put in whatever name you want, then click "done" and you should be all set. Keep in mind you will probably want to install the scenery onto an SSD as load times from other drives can be horrendous, not to mention from a spinning drive.