Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

When Do You Expect To See An A380?

A380 For P3D  

104 members have voted

1. 1. When Do You Expect To See An Flyable A380 For P3D?

• 0-12 Months
    • 13-24 Months
    • 25-36 Months
    • Never

With me almost 70,  Matt, you will need to get your finger out, if I am ever to see it. Looking back at FSL and PMDG, who create study level sims very well, both took several years to create their aircraft with a team of several, and that was from using earlier models/designs as a knowledge base / springboard. 

Sure, 'anyone' can create a lite version in a year or so, just look on the shareware sites, which borrow systems from other base a/c, a bit of tweaking here and there.

You are correct when you say it is a flying computer. A captain of a 380 on another forum said some times when the big girl is unhappy and the computers are out of sync, and strange things are being presented, the only option is to go to cold and dark and reset all computers. This can take a few hours to get all systems up and running correctly again.

Anyway Matt, go for it..........

Geoff Bryce

3 hours ago, por930 said:

With me almost 70,  Matt, you will need to get your finger out, if I am ever to see it. Looking back at FSL and PMDG, who create study level sims very well, both took several years to create their aircraft with a team of several, and that was from using earlier models/designs as a knowledge base / springboard. 

Sure, 'anyone' can create a lite version in a year or so, just look on the shareware sites, which borrow systems from other base a/c, a bit of tweaking here and there.

A captain of a 380 on another forum said some times when the big girl is unhappy and the computers are out of sync, and strange things are being presented, the only option is to go to cold and dark and reset all computers. This can take a few hours to get all systems up and running correctly again

That's all the Airbuses mate. Powering down and/ or Turning off the irs's is a common trick by flight crew to extend their Duty times so they run out of hours and get sent home. When I was at easyJet it Normally happened on a Saturday afternoon. Who'd of guessed it. At my current long haul airline we use easa augmented crew rules,  the buggers can go for 17 hours 😎😎 they ain't getting off to watch the cricket or love island.

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Maybe 'Never' is not as real as we thought because an A380 albeit a-long way a way may be on its way in one way or another.

• Upvote 1