markmasterson

FPS Significant Dip when you tick Wide View in Graphics setting

Recommended Posts

Has anyone noticed the same thing.   I go from 60 FPS to 32 FPS when this is ticked.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nope... my FPS is literally unchanged when I enable/disable Wide View.

You should probably post your PC specs, video card/drivers, and monitor configuration to help folks understand where the problem might be.

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen the change: But if you set wideview to on then zoom in to about the same look as non wide, the FPS should be aprox the same. It's just because you are rendering more with the wideview checked.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

No issues here. Use WV across three screens too.

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post

I am having significant fps drop lag and stutters 

I think its due to the stupid win 10 creator update with latest build

 

Arrgggh so mad 

Cant even select if i want to install update or not

Does it automatically 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

I think its due to the stupid win 10 creator update with latest build

You can back this out.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, newtie said:

You can back this out.

Roll back???

Ive done that 

And yet again installs it.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Roll back???

Ive done that 

And yet again installs it.

One of the main reasons why its wise to have an dedicated OS installation for your flightsim where you can turn off that windows update word not allowed and don't have to install antivirus and other bloatware you dont need for simming.

I myself have windows update turned off.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

One of the main reasons why its wise to have an dedicated OS installation for your flightsim where you can turn off that windows update word not allowed and don't have to install antivirus and other bloatware you dont need for simming.

I myself have windows update turned off.

But you need updates for better performance no?

 

Share this post


Link to post

It has nothing to do with Win 10 Creators Edition. I run Win 10 Creators Edition and have zero problems. Wide view has always had a slightly negative influence on fps and that is still the same. More so if you have a weak GPU. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

But you need updates for better performance no?

 

Windows updates won't help you performancewise. Graphic driver updates can but for them you don't need Windows Update service.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/25/2017 at 2:18 AM, carlito777 said:

It has nothing to do with Win 10 Creators Edition. I run Win 10 Creators Edition and have zero problems. Wide view has always had a slightly negative influence on fps and that is still the same. More so if you have a weak GPU. 

I dont have wide view ticked.

Running 2x titans sc sli first editions

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now