Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

FSX-SE+737NGX Install

Been running FSX-SE, PMDG MD-11F for last two weeks every night with no issues at all.

Nvidia drivers recently updated to latest.

Tonight decided to install the saved PMDG 737 full installer as was recommended to uninsrall old installation and re-install with new full installers. Accepted the permissions dialogue, etc.Guess what? Every time I start FSX-SE, I get to the default screen; opt for say the Level-D 763, and instantly, FSX-SE crashes. Tried it with other add-ons; same result.

EventVwr points to fsui,dll

So, any one any idea what is causing this? I do not want to uninstall the &37NGX unless advised to do so.

Installed with Admin, etc, etc

Bump....................nobody able to furnish an answer to this issue? Guess I have to look elsewhere.

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

Bump....................nobody able to furnish an answer to this issue? Guess I have to look elsewhere.

Definitely the latest installer? Disabled (uninstalled in some cases) antivirus?

Thanks Chris. Definitely that latest PMDG installers from my account; no A/V, etc. I managed to find a thread relating to that fsui.dll faulting module. There, Jim Young suggested users had fixed this with a complete FSX uninstall/re-install. Tried that. It got rid of all my previous add-on aircraft, but the same scenario. As soon as I loaded FSX-SE, with the Trike, chose the default A320, the sim crashed. Totally frustrated that a sim that was functioning perfectly prior to installing the PMDG 737NGX, which was now even failing to kick-start after an uninstall/re-install.

So, completely removed FSX-SE. I am going to close my Steam account, and give up on FSX-SE. When I get a better spec'd machine, I may move to P3Dv4.

4 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks Chris. Definitely that latest PMDG installers from my account; no A/V, etc. I managed to find a thread relating to that fsui.dll faulting module. There, Jim Young suggested users had fixed this with a complete FSX uninstall/re-install. Tried that. It got rid of all my previous add-on aircraft, but the same scenario. As soon as I loaded FSX-SE, with the Trike, chose the default A320, the sim crashed. Totally frustrated that a sim that was functioning perfectly prior to installing the PMDG 737NGX, which was now even failing to kick-start after an uninstall/re-install.

So, completely removed FSX-SE. I am going to close my Steam account, and give up on FSX-SE. When I get a better spec'd machine, I may move to P3Dv4.

That's really bizarre I can't think why installing the NGX into a fresh FSX-SE would cause a crash. The only other thing I can think of is you have a messed up registry and it's installed the wrong version into FSX-SE. Before you give up completely, open a support ticket. Hopefully they can get you flying.

1 minute ago, PMDG777 said:

That's really bizarre I can't think why installing the NGX into a fresh FSX-SE would cause a crash. The only other thing I can think of is you have a messed up registry and it's installed the wrong version into FSX-SE. Before you give up completely, open a support ticket. Hopefully they can get you flying.

Thanks again, Chris. I already had the PMDG 737NGX, the 747 OOTS II,(on which alone I had logged almost 150 hours) and the 777-200/300 installed in an existent FSX-SE all all working flawlessly, albeit in an FSX-SE sim, until I read RSR's pinned topic to uninstall all previous versions and re-download the full installers(c 17th July) I did precisely that. But only re-installed the latest 737NGX. That's when this fsui.dll reared its ugly head, so to parlance!

I'm on SE freshly installed on a freshly built W10, 7700k rig on June 18/17. Installed the 777 & NGX with installers downloaded before July 1st and everything running beautifully.

I use FsiPanel to practice my different approach and landing scenarios with absolutely no problems. Everything once again running beautifully.

Following the July installer updates I downloaded and installed the new 777 installers and everything went south on FsiPanel. After help from the dev, I have got the 777 kind of working but cannot do multiple scenario reloads, (which is what that software is for) without crashing FSX not to mention occational mid climb out screen freezes during my 777 flights that did not occur before updating.

From what I can gather from my experience with this problem  It looks like it's a problem loading the PMDG DLL when FSUIPC is running, which I understand was a problem with the release of the 747Q2 for p3d v4 which has since been fixed. Needless to say, I am sticking with my pre Jul/17 install of my NGX for now.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, wanabflyer said:

pre Jul/17 install of my NGX

Which is what I had running,flawlessly.