gaputz

New FS9 Scenery

Recommended Posts

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my CYWG Winnipeg project.  Ed and Harald will have no excuse for not visiting Canada on their virtual travels because CYWG is frequented by a lot of Soviet era transports such as the AN-12 and AN-124!  Hopefully Emmanuel is following this tread because he is doing some nice work and is getting better all the time.

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

nice, thanks for the heads up, Greg!! good luck to the rest of the work on winnipeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been waiting for this one.  MFSG - Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport CYTZ 2018 for FS2004 has been released.  

Greg

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gaputz said:

I've been waiting for this one.  MFSG - Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport CYTZ 2018 for FS2004 has been released.  

Greg

 

 

Thanks for the heads up Greg. I have purchased and installed the scenery. It looks very good, but I have no airline AI traffic at the terminal gates (only a couple of Cesnna 185s!). I thought it would be packed with Dash-8s?

Can you confirm this, or is my system to blame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, graemeb said:

...I have no airline AI traffic at the terminal gates (only a couple of Cesnna 185s!). I thought it would be packed with Dash-8s? Can you confirm this, or is my system to blame?

Hi Graeme

I have a healthy number of Porter and Air Canada DHC-8-400s at the terminal in my set-up.  I have an exaggerated amount of light aircraft traffic, which is I suppose because I still have numerous outdated traffic files from the time when Island airport had a healthy general aviation population.  The GA occupied most of the gates until I turned it off using the setting in FS9.  Maybe that is the problem.  Also look to see the volume of traffic you have at the peak airline times like early morning.  I checked a week day at about 7 a.m. and nearly every gate had a Dash 8.

As an aside I disabled the statics. They aren't too bad but there seems to be an over abundance of United Nations and Greenland Air Dash 7s. This scenery also includes a very nice rendering of the principal Toronto city centre buildings.   If you have the old Flight Ontario "Toronto2" that should be disabled because it will conflict with the Toronto cityscape provided with the airport.  Maybe someone can figure out how to blend the broader area coverage of the Flight Ontario scenery with the nice city modelling that comes with this airport.

I am quite impressed with this scenery.  

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Greg, the problem was with my AI traffic, so I reinstalled a bunch of WOAI packages, and the Dash8's are back! No idea how that happened..(aren't computers wonderful?)

Graeme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2018 at 5:42 AM, edetroit said:

The last UK2000 FS9 airport has been released. Guernsey. EGJB.

Thanks for the heads-up.  Sad we have come to the end of the line. 

Greg  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the release a few days ago of UK2000's version of Guernsey in the Channel Islands comes the sad news that no more new airports will be made by them for FS9.  I was rather hoping that Bournemouth and Southampton airports would be made for FS9 as I was so looking forward to them.

However, Soarfly at https://www.soarflyconcepts.com/ are reported to be making an FS9 version of Southampton for release sometime this year and they have two lovely other airfields for us - Alderney, in the Channel Islands, and Sandown, in the Isle of Wight.  Soarfly are worth taking a look at.

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On the heels of UK2000's departure from FS9 we have some good news from BDO.  BDOaviation's next scenery is Osaka Kansai RJBB and it will include a FS9 version: "Done....Ready for FSX and P3D V.3, FS9 and P3D V.4 will available very soon..."  You can read about it at the end of this link

Greg

Edited by gaputz
spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice find Greg. I was wondering what BDOaviation was up to - it has been a long time since their last release.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 10:01 AM, vector said:

With the release a few days ago of UK2000's version of Guernsey in the Channel Islands comes the sad news that no more new airports will be made by them for FS9.  I was rather hoping that Bournemouth and Southampton airports would be made for FS9 as I was so looking forward to them.

However, Soarfly at https://www.soarflyconcepts.com/ are reported to be making an FS9 version of Southampton for release sometime this year and they have two lovely other airfields for us - Alderney, in the Channel Islands, and Sandown, in the Isle of Wight.  Soarfly are worth taking a look at.

David

There seems to be a high-class freeware Bristol too: https://www.soarflyconcepts.com/bristol

Apologies if that already was mentioned in the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another pair of Japanese airports from Malaysian Flight Simulator Group:

MFSG - KOZUSHIMA AIRPORT RJAZ 2018 FS2004

MFSG - MIYAZAKI AIRPORT RJFM 2018 FS2004

Still looking for BDOaviation's FS2004 version of Osaka Kansai RJBB.

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now