Sign in to follow this  
mashedkeyboard

AVSim Library broken, can't download any files

Hi there!

Apologies for not posting this in the "Library" forum, but I'm currently unable to do so due to being a new member.

I don't appear to be able to download any files from the AVSim Library at all. They all become immediately corrupted. I'm running Windows 10 version 1703 build 15063.483, non-Insider. The issue persists across all browsers I've tried so far - IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome - albeit the case that it manifests itself slightly differently in each:

• IE (11.483.15063.0) and Edge (40.15063.0.0 with EdgeHTML 15.15063) both ask to download the file, then when I click "Save" immediately say "[filename] couldn't be downloaded". On pressing "Retry", the download completes suspiciously fast, and then produces a corrupted .zip file.
  • Chrome (59.0.3071.115 64-bit) allows the download as usual, but produces the corrupted .zip file. It acts, however, as if the file is perfectly normal.
  • Firefox (Aurora, 55.0b6 32-bit) refuses to even let me click the "Save file" popup, instead offering an error: 

C:\Users\[MyUsername]\AppData\Local\Temp\b9sMjYOO.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

This issue appears no matter what file I am downloading. Interestingly, it also appears when trying to explore any non-plaintext file in ZipDive! - for instance, PDFs come up with "This PDF document might not be displayed correctly" in Firefox and "PDF unreadable" in Edge - but plaintext ZipDive! files are A-OK.

I note that the page talks about FTP, but the linked page is a standard 443 PHP page, not an FTP link - might this be the root of the issue, trying to send FTP data over a SSL connection rather than an FTP one?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Curtis

Curtis, yep, just tried to download a Library file and where previously I never had any issues, now an error flag shows up.

Maybe Admin will look into this.

Still unable to download files.

Getting this error........'zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read'.

Never had that message flag up when saving previous Library zip files.

Confirmed same, still broken 2 min ago. I can resume the DL but the zip is much smaller than expected. 7Zip fails to extract the incomplete zip.

Cheers Jethro

Issue is not fixed. Still dialogue box saying source file can not be read. contact server administrator.

Doyle Edwards