Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarkM

Capt Sim 757?

Guest Longbow

I dont think its fair to judge CS or even LDS for that matter by their previous products. All addon developers always strive to exceed the quality of their previous products and the expectations of the customers (though, ofcourse, this is not the case for everyone). I really think that LDS will make a nice product as will CS so there is no point in arguing which is better at this point. And as for PSS, well.. its PSS.

>Rather I can think of MANY situations where many will>heap negative statements en mass without even owning a product>in the act of prejudging. Praise is not an instinctive, "knee>jerk" reaction so I think that your statement may be vastly>invalid more than it is ever true.It's "en masse", actually.And, I disagree, praise is tossed around like pennies... >And as far as the "reviewer" comment, not sure where you are>going with that tangent but my assumption is that every>reviewer at least attempts to convey his: "I like product x>because...." therefore a reason is given WHY it is>liked...whether you agree or not with the reasoning.The REVIEWER comment was to illustrate that you - as a reviewer - are bound by a higher standard than the rest of the forum dwellers who shoot from the hip on a public bulletin board.Understanding the aircraft, its systems and its history, should be a prerogative to writing a review for a sophisticated add-on product. In other words, reading "sections" of an AOM to test the product might prove enlightening. Reading the manual might prove useful. Trying the tutorials might be useful. Money is being exchanged, so a review does carry weight.No ulterior motive here... just my point of view on what a reviewers responsibilities should be.>As Wm Shakespear wrote: "Love looks not with the eyes, but>with the mind."As Peewee Herman said: "La la la connect the dots..."http://www.ldsflyingclub.com/siggies/ds.gif

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest J_Niny

IMHO the FMC is always the "achiles heel" of those addons, then let`s agree that LDS is years ahead from CS in that department.:-smile12 Look the Feelthere B733, it was realized 2 months ago, had 6 or 7 patchs and it still having basic issues. No comment about PSS. LOLJorge Niny

Guest Len

Capt Sim has no problems with implementing "systems". Their 727 surely showed that and then their C-130. That in combo with their usually geat outside models and beautiful panels insures that it will be a winner. Other negative comments usually evince an agenda at Capt Sim bashing.

> IMHO the FMC is always the "achiles heel" of those addons, then let`s agree that LDS is years ahead from CS in that department.What are you talking about? CS has never released a Boeing with an FMC. Also, the LD is far from perfect. There's major issues with the LOC capture.

Guest J_Niny

>CS has never released a Boeing>with an FMC. That`s the problem, sir. :-smile12.I think that you didn`t understand my post. Talking about Know How and years of experience, you know.>Also, the LD is far from perfect. There's major>issues with the LOC capture.I do not agree, sorry. Here it

Daryl:You are absolutely right sir. Reviewers are held to a higher standard and truly have to justify our conclusions regarding our reviews with total lucidity. I've learned long ago that the Avsim community actually reads this stuff AND takes it very seriously (as they should) :-DYes, its not enough to say, "I like" or "don't like" but it is necessary to truly justify the point with concrete factual data. So I'll shut up now and raise my beer to you. :-badteethAs Socrates said: "...I drank WHAT?!"

Hey Mike, I believe I did not make myself clear enough. I was strictly talking about a 767/757 and not other Boeings. LDS is the bar for systems on the 767. The 757 is not very different than it's bigger brother. The panels are virtually the same. To be able to reach the LDS product we have today one will need well over 5 years of development with a team of experts and developers who do it not soley based upon financial considerations but because of a love for the hobby and the aircraft one replicates. This is what sets apart great developers like LDS and the likes of "Abacus" to name a few. ...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

>Capt Sim has no problems with implementing "systems". Their>727 surely showed that and then their C-130. That in combo>with their usually geat outside models and beautiful panels>insures that it will be a winner. Other negative comments>usually evince an agenda at Capt Sim bashing. Funny most guys who know about a real 727 have nothing but dust collecting on their CS 727s. Who cares about bashing? If you make a kite out of rock then people might say something about how it does not work like a real kite! (Not saying CS made a rock or a kite but you get the picture). If you want a great model of a 727 look no further than Flight 1's/DreamFleet 727, this IS the standard but there are always those guys who just love to flu from spot view and could care less about what it's based upon. ...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

This is a very interesting post.As far as I was concerned, C.S. was supposed to be working on a '767' so what happened to that then?It was even started before the LVLD version so if the proposed 757 takes as long, here's one that won't be holding his breath waiting!Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Oh goodie! Another "my favorite payware is better than your payware" post.:-roll

Eric 

Guest JTEK99

>This is a very interesting post.>>As far as I was concerned, C.S. was supposed to be working on>a '767' so what happened to that then?>>It was even started before the LVLD version so if the proposed>757 takes as long, here's one that won't be holding his breath>waiting!Yeah, amazing. And nary a word about the "upcoming" 767 from Captain Sim; and like most messages posted to their forum, it just (poof!) *disappeared*.What really bakes my noodle is that no one has mentioned what CapSim's new pricing scheme will be for this new-and-exciting 757: it's what they call the "Block System". Here's a magnificent blurb from their site:----------------------------Another advantage of the Block System is that the Blocks get available as the project goes: - as soon as we have an exterior model done - it gets available - as soon as we have VC done - it gets available - ... - as soos as we have EVERYTHING done - all Blocks and the Pro line package gets available. So there's no need to wait years for your favorite model release.----------------------------What this basically means is that you pay for each aircraft "part". The 2D panel, the VC, the exterior model, the add-on latrine, et. al. Very interesting system, but one that will allow CapSim to basically release the 757 exterior model (which appears nearly done) very soon, capitalize on some cash, then release the other blocks later on. Judging by their previous release schedules, all 757 "blocks" should be available by 2010. :)Even more amazingly, every post in their own forums call their new pricing system "fantastic", "amazing", "revolutionary (!)". I call it "taking money up front for a beta", but that's just silly old me.I mean.. does anyone seriously think that CapSim will release a complete, working 757 prior to FSX' release?

Guest MarkM

>What this basically means is that you pay for each aircraft>"part". The 2D panel, the VC, the exterior model, the add-on>latrine, et. al. >>Even more amazingly, every post in their own forums call their>new pricing system "fantastic", "amazing", "revolutionary>(!)". Actually I don't see any problem here. If you don't want to purchase blocks - it's your own decision. We all have a CHOICE here, so what's bad in this? For me this indeed is "fantastic", "amazing" and "revolutionary"..

Guest Dimon1971

The one and only thing that will stop me from purchasing CS757 is their relative unfamiliarity with FMC design and programming.Up to now, all their product have been analogue cockpits' planes. For example, it took almost 1.5 years for PMDG to polish 737NG FMC-VNAV.Thus, I prefer to read users' feedback in first 2 weels after the release