Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarkM

Capt Sim 757?

Guest monsoon

Holy crap. Thats 3 757's we will egt to choose from. I guees we will see who is the real "titan". My bets are LDS for systems, and I think maybe capt sim for model. I dont own any capt sim but from all their screens they sure look nice. If Pss makes a panel as crisp and clear as their 777 I would put them on the top for that.

I own the CS Hercules and I believe when they release the 757 you willsee that the systems and model surpass the LD. ce

Guest A32X

Very beautiful model! :-) However I can't see them tocuhing the Level-D guys systems wise.

Looking at the initial preview screenshots of the CS 757 vs the initial preview screenshots of the PSS 757 they are absolutely night and day. The CS screenies look like real world photographs and the PSS screenshots look like screenshots of rendered FS 2004 aircraft. I don't think anyone knows what the LDS version looks like so judgement is reserved but their 767 does look very good.I think that, at the end of the day, the fight will be between CS and LDS. CS panels are amazingly crisp and photorealistic and they do a great job with systems. LDS of course has systems accuracy but they go the extra mile with other bells and whistles that take them over the top.From a flight model standpoint I think here again CS and LDS have the real world pilot resources on their respective teams to fine tune their flight models to perfection.As far as PSS, I have to say that I am a little pessimistic. The PSS 777 visual model is nice but I think that the freeware viual Meljet model (and even some freeware AI 777 modles) blow it away (imho). From a flight model standpoint there are some glaring issues. And from a systems standpoint there are some hugely glaring omissions although not a bad rendition. I think that PSS will have to crank it up quite a few notches to swim with the big fish given this level of competition. Even small design choices like having ALL DOORS open when trying to open one door are decisions that make me shake my head.Then again, as far as CS goes, I'll believe that there will be a 757 when I see a 757 released. I think that the mysterious disappearance of the 767 needs to be explained. It may end up being LDS vs PSS and that probably needs to comparison as some things are better left unsaid.

Guest FattyBear

I won't even bother with any other 757 but the LDS 757. I know what LDS is capable of and what they do is awesome. PSS 777 was rushed to released and buggy, mine has been hangared since 10 minutes after I bought it, CS, well, I just don't like CS.

Judging from the support history, the added value, etc., the LDS version seems to be the way to go. As for PSS, I'm extremely disappointed with the poor support they are offering for their now almost 3 month old 777 release. I used to be a huge fan of PSS, had and used all their aircrafts for FS 2000. But they have really gone downhill. Just compare the score they received for the 777 in contrast to their scores for their previously released addons. I suspect that PSS needs a major attitude/manpower/talent overhaul on the scale what Captain Sim is trying to pull off in order to again become fully competitive. ricardo

Guest Pabra

They (lds & cs) will be close; When the cs727 was released ('04) it was miles ahead of the competition in all regions. Now the rest have come alongside in terms of visuals and systems. But we know what to expect from lds; captain sim will be a surprise.......a nice one I hope! paul@ehgg

Guest JTEK99

>captain sim will be a surprise.......a nice one I hope! Paul:That is, of course, if they actually release it before FS XXIV; coherent release schedules aren't their fort

>They (lds & cs) will be close; When the cs727 was released>('04) it was miles ahead of the competition in all regions.>Now the rest have come alongside in terms of visuals and>systems. But we know what to expect from lds; captain sim will>be a surprise.......a nice one I hope! >>paul@ehgg Captain Sim come close to LVL-D? You are kidding right? LVL-D is LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything system wise, I can see nothing touching their 757 as nothing comes remotely close to their 767. Now panel wise I bet CS will surpass LVL-D but eye candy without substance is just that. But hey, there are many people who have never read a real AOM and yet praise certain aircraft as first rate simulations... ...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Hi Randy:So...when you say: "LVL-D is LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything system wise"and"I can see nothing touching their 757 as nothing comes remotely close to their 767"Are you implying that the PMDG 737NG and 747 are that far behind LDS that they are in a same grouping with PSS and CS? Those are very broad and sweeping statements especially from someone on a competing beta team! As a journalist, can I read something into those statements? :-)There can be no doubt that the LDS team pioneered the high fidelity flight deck for FS 2004 but the PMDG team has long since caught up with their 747-400 release. I am just a little astonished to see you use the words ANYTHING and NOTHING being able to touch LDS!I wonder how can you positively surmise that the CS 757 will be "eye candy without substance" when no specs have been released by CS and all we have to go on are 3 screenshots???? Don't you think such statements are a tad premature. Don't you think that we should see the quality of the fruit that is harvested BEFORE we condemn the land as being barren???? And does one REALLY need to read an AOM to give praise when praise in itself is subjective and purely in the eye of the beholder and not commonly found in an AOM?

I will be getting this one. The 757 is one of my favorite planes. The screenshots they put up look fantastic!

Guest monsoon

well LDS does already have a good structure for the 767. since a lot of systems are the same, a lot of their work is already done

"And does one REALLY need to read an AOM to give praise when praise in itself is subjective and purely in the eye of the beholder and not commonly found in an AOM?"Anybody can praise a product, without knowing WHY they are praising the product.However, a reviewer who praises a product (without knowing WHY they are praising) does themselves and their readers a grave disservice.As Wm. Shakespeare wrote: "Better a witty fool than a foolish wit."http://www.ldsflyingclub.com/siggies/ds.gif

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

"Anybody can praise a product, without knowing WHY they are praising the product." - I cannot think of too many situations where ANYONE will just blither praise on a product without knowing why they feel that way. Rather I can think of MANY situations where many will heap negative statements en mass without even owning a product in the act of prejudging. Praise is not an instinctive, "knee jerk" reaction so I think that your statement may be vastly invalid more than it is ever true.And as far as the "reviewer" comment, not sure where you are going with that tangent but my assumption is that every reviewer at least attempts to convey his: "I like product x because...." therefore a reason is given WHY it is liked...whether you agree or not with the reasoning.As Wm Shakespear wrote: "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind."