Sign in to follow this  

Airbus 320 tutorial flight

Good show, nice to see such community involvement!

Ummm... where did you set cruise speed?

6 minutes ago, WingZ said:

Good show, nice to see such community involvement!

Ummm... where did you set cruise speed?

Cruise speed is set automatically in the current version.

No wonder Airbus pilots lose the plot when something unexpected happens! :)

Excellent contribution Jeroen.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Excellent contribution Jeroen.

Thank you!

I just updated the tutorial with a few additions and edits and I also updated the attached screenshot.

Yep!  Just noticed that Jeroen.

Installing AEFS2 again :-), just Swiss and the default USA scenery, because my disk is filled with PSX, DCS and IL2 :-)

I had to try that "new" Airbus - it already felt great in the original release, so, can only get better...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

52 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Installing AEFS2 again :-),

LOL

Well, I don't know much about the feel of the Airbus but when it comes to (autopilot related) systems it has gone from a rather odd default bird to an addon quality aircraft. Still limited in certain regards, of course (no MCDU, no cold and dark, most of the overhead does nothing) but what it does, it does well. (In fact, imho some phases of flight are clearly better with this Airbus than with the Aerosoft one!) I sometimes kind of missed my Aerosoft Airbus from P3D but not anymore. This is enough to make me happy. Add to that the totally awesome performance and VR experience and well, what can a man want more! (Er... well, weather, maybe... and ATC and er... well...)

I hope you won't mind if I make a few kind and sincere suggestions for the edit of your procedure?

Regarding the Landing (Takeoff Lights), they should be turned on once the aircraft is on and pointed down the runway.  I'm not sure where to find this under ICAO, but it's in the FAA guidelines.  Reasoning:  Protects the night vision of other pilots.  Reasoning for daytime operations:  What you do in practice is what you'll do wheh required.

It's the Strobe light which is switched on just before or just as you are entering the runway.

My thanks and very best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I hope you won't mind if I make a few kind and sincere suggestions for the edit of your procedure?

Regarding the Landing (Takeoff Lights), they should be turned on once the aircraft is on and pointed down the runway.  I'm not sure where to find this under ICAO, but it's in the FAA guidelines.  Reasoning:  Protects the night vision of other pilots.  Reasoning for daytime operations:  What you do in practice is what you'll do wheh required.

It's the Strobe light which is switched on just before or just as you are entering the runway.

My thanks and very best wishes!

Thanks for the tip! I may change this later on. I have to add that in all tutorials I followed myself (and so also in the ones I created) landing lights were turned before entering the runway. But I see your point and if this is official, I'll have to change this! ;)

The strobe light is on by default: I thought about adding a step to turn them off first (just like the ILS) but I already had quite a few 'extra steps'. I might add this anyway though (and add a step to turn the strobe on before entering the runway).

2 hours ago, J van E said:

Thanks for the tip! I may change this later on. I have to add that in all tutorials I followed myself (and so also in the ones I created) landing lights were turned before entering the runway. But I see your point and if this is official, I'll have to change this! ;)

The strobe light is on by default: I thought about adding a step to turn them off first (just like the ILS) but I already had quite a few 'extra steps'. I might add this anyway though (and add a step to turn the strobe on before entering the runway).

Can't edit this anymore but the tutorial has been edited once more!

Indeed, the A320 has stepped quite ahead from it's initial release.

It was always very nice to hand fly, but now we can already perform many procedures using the automated modes.

Overall feel is great. And the Q-400 apart from being yet another great addition to the fleet, already offers a good demonstration of the very plausible asymmetric thrust "physics" in AEFS2 - I have assigned separate keys for the left and right "condition levers" and can now fail an engine inflight, and have a good feel of what it takes to fly, even if with it's prop in auto-feather mode.

Really enjoying this latest update!

Main Simulation Rig: