zludwick92

Update Installer Issue

Recommended Posts

I've been living under a rock lately and went into the operations center to see i had an update for my NGX and 777. However, when I logged into my account i did not see an update installer. Any Help

Zach Ludwick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

22 minutes ago, zludwick92 said:

I've been living under a rock lately and went into the operations center to see i had an update for my NGX and 777. However, when I logged into my account i did not see an update installer. Any Help

Just redownload the full installation files.  The file names don't change. You can only tell the version by looking in the read-me file after you download (and the read-me files aren't always accurate either).

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I think I see what your getting at, so the operations center is at this point irrelevant with the updates? It says v1.10.8414 in the read me file, which is the version it says to update. However that's what the operations center says. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zludwick92 said:

Okay, I think I see what your getting at, so the operations center is at this point irrelevant with the updates? It says v1.10.8414 in the read me file, which is the version it says to update. However that's what the operations center says. 

The Operations Center is useful for telling you what version you have installed, and whether there is an update available.  But it does not download the file.  At this point PMDG has not started using the OC for small-scale updates.  If you need to update, you need to go to your account on PMDG and download the full installer.  AFAIK 8414 is the latest version for the 200LR.  If you have the 300ER, I found that the read-me is not accurate.  But if the installation file shows a save date of 7-27-17 (or later) inside the zip file, it should be up to date.

Mike

Edited by Mike777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mike777 said:

At this point PMDG has not started using the OC for small-scale updates.

We did a few times for the 744. In order to make the installers and P3Dv4 compatibility work properly, and effectively, we needed to revert to full installers to set a base level. The updater should see increased use for coming updates, where appropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle, happy Sunday morning to you.

I've asked this in another thread and never did quite get an answer. So as this thread is Update Related, could you kindly tell me why after doing the requisite uninstall/download/reinstall of the 777-200LR/F;-300ER; the 737NGX installers, in OC, I see the Expansion -600/700 version page greyed out and where in previous OC's(FSX-SE) I had -600 & -700 Liveries? Now I cannot see them in OC for the -600 or-700. Example being Austrian(-600) or easyJet(-700).

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vc10man said:

So as this thread is Update Related, could you kindly tell me why after doing the requisite uninstall/download/reinstall of the 777-200LR/F;-300ER; the 737NGX installers, in OC, I see the Expansion -600/700 version page greyed out and where in previous OC's(FSX-SE) I had -600 & -700 Liveries?

There's some teething issues with the OC and its recognition of version numbers, which is causing this issue. It's more related to the OC's understanding of the world than it is related to the updates of the products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that, Kyle. I thought at first it was me causing a goof.

I take it then, that I can re-install those missing Liveries from my saved PTF files?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mike777 said:

  If you need to update, you need to go to your account on PMDG and download the full installer.  AFAIK 8414 is the latest version for the 200LR.  If you have the 300ER, I found that the read-me is not accurate.  But if the installation file shows a save date of 7-27-17 (or later) inside the zip file, it should be up to date.

Mike

Just curious, is the full installer the download url? It made sense to me following the instructions on the OC for the installer.

Zach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zludwick92 said:

Just curious, is the full installer the download url? It made sense to me following the instructions on the OC for the installer.

Log onto your PMDG purchase account (NOT Support login), >Previous Orders> Click on Order Number of item you want to download>Scroll down, click on Download URL>click on "Click Here to download this file", save file (will be quite large)

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The updater should see increased use for coming updates, where appropriate.

 I only have FSX Steam.  Will there be warnings before OC updates?  I modify aircraft.cfg file with  camera hotkeys, some added camera views, and panel.cfg with a freeware radar gauge and resizing of CDU screens to make them more easily readable. I have to do it every time these files are overwritten.  In fact, by using a word processor to compare previous and current versions of these two files, I have seen no changes in a long time, and they are not used for current version information.  I wish they would not be overwritten unless there is an actual change in a parameter.

Thanks,

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two other ways to verify the version number of a downloaded installation file:

1) extract the installation exe from the zip file, right click on it, choose properties then details; the version number will show in the window.

2) As Dan Downs has pointed out, the version number of an installed aircraft can be checked in Control Panel>Uninstall Programs.

Mike

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Log onto your PMDG purchase account (NOT Support login), >Previous Orders> Click on Order Number of item you want to download>Scroll down, click on Download URL>click on "Click Here to download this file", save file (will be quite large)

Mike

Awesome, found it. Thank You!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now