nocaltom

Anyone used junction link magic to move scenery

Hello I recently upgraded to P 3-D v4. I have a 250 GB SSD  dedicated to p3dv4 only that is quickly filling up and was wondering if anyone's used junction link magic to move there scenery files. I would like to move on my Orbx sceneries to another dedicated SSD . My questions are do you think this will work ?I have read on forms that people have done it on version three but not on ver4.  Also if it's the same exact SSD  Same size and brand  will there be a performance loss ?

Thanks for any help. 

Tom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Making a folder of one drive appear as a folder of another not an issue. Same as allocating scenery and planes on other drives via the config files. Spreading the process to read more drives increases queue width so in a way decreases overall performance, but not that you'd notice. Mostly once the sim is up and running stuff is cashed by then and it can't be saturated with read speed anyway. So you can install RAID 0 striping to increase queue depth and that increases performance but may not help out much anyway.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Making a folder of one drive appear as a folder of another not an issue. Same as allocating scenery and planes on other drives via the config files. Spreading the process to read more drives increases queue width so in a way decreases overall performance, but not that you'd notice. Mostly once the sim is up and running stuff is cashed by then and it can't be saturated with read speed anyway. So you can install RAID 0 striping to increase queue depth and that increases performance but may not help out much anyway.

Steve, that is a terrific explanation brother!  Absolutely spot on!

Thanks for sharing this!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Steve for the fast reply. I feel better now:)

Tom

• Upvote 1

LOL...and if I only knew what the heck you guys were talking about.

• Upvote 1