Sign in to follow this  
UKV1391

700 winglet missing

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone can help me.

I have recently downloaded the 600/700 expansion, I used it in FSX and found it to be a great addition.

In P3DV4 I seem to be missing the 700WL version. I only have the 600 and non winglet 700.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks  

I would suggest filing a ticket with PMDG, as it may be something specific to your installation. I have been happily flying the 700WL for the past few days.

32 minutes ago, UKV1391 said:

In P3DV4 I seem to be missing the 700WL version. I only have the 600 and non winglet 700.

Do you own both the FSX and P3D versions?

Additionally: full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, UKV1391 said:

I've had this problem too... but it might not be the same reason since I am always uninstalling and installing beta test builds.  To find out, go to your missing 700WL folder in SimObjects (e.g., <p3d>\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700WL\ and look at the size of aircraft.cfg .  If it is only a few hundred bytes or 1 kb then that is the problem I had.  If it is more than 10 kb (20 kb might be the smallest but I'm not sure) then you have a different problem.

If you have an aircraft.cfg file that is too small then it was corrupted somehow and the OC wasn't able to detect it.  The fix is easy.  Uninstall NGX with control panel.  Manually delete that aircraft.cfg (don't worry, the installer will replace it and once operating properly the OC will repair any liveries you may have had). Then install the OC.  You can anticipate this problem if you do an install, then select Repair Liveries in the OC and get a reading backup file error message.  That almost always means the aircraft.cfg is messed up.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

20 hours ago, UKV1391 said:

Hi Dan

Thanks for your help, this did the trick. I can now enjoy the 7WL!

Thanks again

Ashley Colella