Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

Anyone has / had OpusFSI?

I LOVED OpusFSI.....until I got Chaseplane.

On 3-9-2017 at 8:39 PM, Rolfspan said:

i used Opus for years and loved it. In the last little while I gave up on it because it became far to confusing to follow all the changes. The discussions in the forums became far to too technical and frustrating for someone who just wanted a great wheather engine. I changed to AS 4 and am happy I did. I am not certain wether they have sorted out the P3D v4 problems but then again I have not followed their forums lately. I have more time to fly ;)

Regards,

Rolf

Same here. Absolutely loved the very first versions of Opus because it was SIMPLE. Simple install, set a few options and go. But then more and more options were added and at a too high rate too and it became utterly complicated. At a certain moment I honestly had no clue what to do with it all anymore and so I got the very next version of Active Sky (which had improved a lot by that time). Never went back. Active Sky also has a lot of options but they are explained very well and self explanatory. Opus options screen looked like my high school math book and I sucked at math. Opus simply overdid it. It is possible to add too many options and to often too. The fact that Active Sky had been improved a lot by then also helped, of course. I have AS is the best weather engine by far.