Sign in to follow this  
KeithyGeorge

I7 7700k @5Ghz or I7 7820X @4.6Ghz which gives best FPS / performance in P3D?

On 8/19/2017 at 5:33 AM, JamesIceland said:

Sure - www.p3dwiki.com

Rob has an excellent range of settings for different circumstances on there which I have set up as profiles in SimStarterNG and tweaked for my own personal system. That said, I am using about 90% of what he outlines on there with really good results and switching between the settings depending on what I fly.

Last night I flew the PMDG 777 using his Com City Day settings with a couple of sliders one step further to the right (traffic etc) and had a great flight from CYVR to KSFO over Orbx Regions using FSDT's CYVR and FlightBeams new KSFOHD2 - this was a notoriously difficult route for me on my old set up (not including the guaranteed OOM's I'd get) but last night I got smooth performance with beautiful scenery.

Thanks James. I will use this to setup my system. Never knew about this. And thanks Rob!

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I need to update my web site graphics settings, that was based on my old 5960X, the 7900X @ 5Ghz has allowed me to increase several sliders for COM (commercial) aircraft sets and some minor adjustments for the "Night" (Dynamic Lighting enabled) settings.

Some recent testing with FlightBeams new updated for P3D V4 - KSFO HD V2 (DL enabled) and I was VERY impressed with the performance I was getting using COM rural night with 8XMSAA (DL enabled) using:

FlightBeams KSFO HD V2
Orbx FTX Global
Orbx OpenLC NA
Orbx HD Trees
Orbx Vector
PILOT's Mesh
iFly 737
UTLive (at 50% ... there was considerable AI traffic)
VAInterface (connected to my iPAD)
GoFlight Interface Tool with native iFly support
HiFi ASP4/ASCA (Global with all textures set to max 4096)
ChasePlane
FSFX Packages

Was able to stay locked to 30 FPS even with DL enabled for airport, AI traffic, and iFly's lights (wing, taxi, runway, landing, etc.).  Will post a video this weekend.  Normally in this location with the add-ons above (using older KSFO HD), I'd be using my COM City Night settings, was very pleased to be able to use my COM Rural Night settings ... perhaps it was just how well done FB's new KSFO HD V2 with it's dedicated P3D V4 support?  The performance to visual feast ratio was most excellent.

Cheers, Rob.

i'm actualy at the same stage.

1x 7700k@ 5.2 ghz only for p3d v4 and scenery nothing else, and a mini-itx with an i5 7600k system for all the addons and office work.

this 2 systems will cost the same as one 7900x system.

i'm in the lucky position to have a phanteks evo elite which can have a e-atx and a mini-atx system in it.

or maybe wait for the 6 core 8000 series and build a 8700k system and a mini itx 

hmmmm

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT