jasonstory44

Traffic problem, I believe???

9 posts in this topic

So I just started having a problem loading and starting Prepar3d V4.  No recent changes to add ons.  All of a sudden at like 86-100% loading, during AI traffic, Prepar3d crashes on me. 

I use MyTraffic6 added on the xml way. It's been there awhile. I was starting at KSAN orbx with SoCal. 

If i turned off AI traffic it loaded fine.  I could then slowly turn up the AI traffic to 100% in game and everything went fine. 

Next time I load up Prepar3d with traffic on, crash at the same point. Using the FSUIPC traffic limiter at 100 planes. 

Any thoughts on whats going wrong and why?

thanks Jason

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I guess you use a non-compatible AI traffic model. In P3Dv4, only AI traffic models that are FSX-native work, all models with FS9 code can crash the sim. As far as I remember from the plentitude of threads about this here on avsim, some MT6 models are still based on FS9 code, so you have to find them and replace them.

Here's a list of the
FS8/9 aircraft models:

AS365MX
B707MTM
B742MTM
BJ400
CV440MX
DC6MX
DC8-50MX
DC10-MTM
HarrierMX
SH3MX
UH1MX
UH60MX

I'm using MyTraffic 6.0a installed via .xml method and SuperTrafficBoard for P3Dv4 with no issues.

I'll go back through MyTraffic but I believe those have already been deleted and radios added to their panels

double checked...all those aircraft have been deleted in the MyTraffic Program folder

this is so frustrating...had stable MyTraffic for months and now out of the blue I keep crashing with any AI traffic.  Dont have a clue where to begin to trouble shoot this

Did you delete your P3D.cfg file and let it built a new one ?

sadly no joy with that GSalden

I've never tried to uninstall and xml add on...is there a special way to do it if I need to try and reinstall MyTraffic?