Sign in to follow this  
Opa

AI Aircaft NOT visible

Here is a strange problem that I hope someone can shed some light upon.A good friend who has FS2004 tells me that he is unable to "see" any AI aircaft at airports or in the air. He has not seen any since he first installed FS.Yes, he has the proper traffic enabled and yes he has the default traffic file in place. We have run all the usual tests at many airports and see neither GA or Airline planes.What he IS able to see are the "labels" when that has been selected - but he sees no aircraft!Apparently there is no problem seeing aircraft he is flying etc. but just the AI planes are not displaying.This has me stumped - any ideas?David "Opa" Marshall

Guest RonB49

The labels can be seen from 10 miles away; is he getting close enough to see the visual model? R-

As far as I know, he cannot even see AI aircraft that are in adjacent or nearby parking spots! It apparently is not a distance related thing.David

>As far as I know, he cannot even see AI aircraft that are in>adjacent or nearby parking spots! It apparently is not a>distance related thing.>>DavidMost likely you're at airports that you don't have parking spaces for (AFCAD2 Files.) Try an airport like KJFK or KLAX and see what you get.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Been there - done that - He simply cannot "see" AI aircraft no matter where he looks even tho the labels say they are present!

Hey David, The boxes are checked for labels of course, but are the boxes also checked for GA & Airline? I looked now and see that this can be done. I just checked off labels but left GA and Airline unchecked with no errors when I hit OK. I would look there first. This is most likely your friends problem. Good luck

>Been there - done that - He simply cannot "see" AI aircraft>no matter where he looks even tho the labels say they are>present!Check in your fs9sceneryworldscenery folder for a trafic file. It will either be a file named traffic.bgl or trafficxxxxxx,bgl (xxxxxxx = a number sequence) if it is just default fs9 traffic. If you don't have either of these files, you will not have AI traffic!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I quess maybe I was incorrect? Tom's suggestion makes sense to me. I never thought about this. I do hope you can resolve the problem. I didn't test my theory yet, but I plan on doing so later tomorrow. If there is anything to report, I will post then. Have a good night.

My friend has the default traffic file and has all the default aircraft etc. etc. As I said earlier, we have looked at all of the normal things. I am begining to suspect a corrpupted file of some sort on one of his installation disks as he tells me he has had this problem from the very begining. I asked him to try to find another machine to install on and see if the problem is there also. Tis a mystery for sure.

Good morning David, I hope things work out for him. I knew what I suggested was a shot in the dark. By the way, not to get off topic, I really enjoy reading your publications in the tips and tricks. Thank you for what you do.

Thanks Jeff for the kind words - tis a learning experience for me each issue also.I have not heard back from my friend with the problem so don't know if he has made any progress or not. I also suggested he use the Traffic Toolbox Dll and try to "see" traffic with it.Hopefully we will stumble upon a solution soon.David