DeeGee

P3D Crash to Desktop with Oculus Rift

I am using P3D V3.4 plus Oculus Rift recently updated with latest software. I have Flyinside and ORBX scenery. Control is via a Saitek stick and throttle.

The system was working fine but is now crashing on start up at the point where the P3D splash screen comes up. There was no obvious reason for the sudden problem as all I did was reprogram a few Saitek settings.

I've managed to troubleshoot. If I disconnect the OR, P3D will boot up. If I then reconnect the OR and reinstall Flyinside it will stay running. I have tried Flyinside V1.8 and 1.81 but no difference.

Can anyone offer suggestions on causes and how to work out a fix?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I will move this to the Oculus Rift forum to see if anyone there can determine a cause of the crash.  Not sure what you mean by reprogramming a few Saitek settings.  Did you program through the FSUIPC?  If so, this module loads at startup and, if there are any issues, it will crash P3D.  When P3D loads, it loads the dll.xml.  If any of the modules are out of date, missing or corrupted, it will crash.

Best regards,

Jim

Flyinside also hates HDR lighting, and will shut it down on first run, then sometimes choke if you turn it back on within P3D. Check that as well.

Also, try running P3D without flyinside and use the P3D native VR mode. Does this still cause problems with oculus home and P3D starting up properly??