Sign in to follow this  
awash2002

G1000 and Flight Planning

For some reason, the Phenom G1000 doesn't read your starting airport, or accept FSX flightplans. You'll have to manually input your flightplan, including starting airport using these steps:

1. Press Shift+2 and Shift+3

2. Press FPL button

3. Click inner knob 2x, then type in your starting airport using G1000 keypad, click enter

4. Click Outer FMS knob to scroll to the next line.

5. Click inner FMS knob 2x, and enter destination airport using G1000 keypad, then click enter.

At this point, you should have a direct plan between your starting and ending airports. Use the same procedure to enter each desired waypoint on your plan between the starting and ending airports.

Excellent, thank you. Is this how I enter Dp's and STAR's also? I could only selwct the default DP. Wouldn't allow mw to scroll through the list.

Excellent, thank you. Is this how I enter Dp's and STAR's also? I could only selwct the default DP. Wouldn't allow mw to scroll through the list.

Yeah, it's pretty cumbersome. Use the outer knob to scroll down to the SID/STAR/Approach, and the inner knob to scroll through the available procedures. If there is a little green arrow on the left or right of the procedure, then there is another you can select. 

Follow the same procedures to select the various approach/departure fixes. I've never used a real G1000, but my understanding is that the real one is much more user-friendly than Carenado's version.

Thank you sir. I really wanted this plane to be better then Eaglesoft's Citation X, but even after 10 years no one has been able to match it on the corporate side. 

1 thing I couldnt figure out yet and lets see if someone else know the answer is the flight altitude for the flight? 

It gives me 28000ft all the time and it's not funny to change the altitude on every single checkpoint when using airways navigation.

Any suggestion?

Erik "Ernom" Toth

1 thing I couldnt figure out yet and lets see if someone else know the answer is the flight altitude for the flight? 

It gives me 28000ft all the time and it's not funny to change the altitude on every single checkpoint when using airways navigation.

Any suggestion?

To my understanding, that's just how Carenado coded the G1000. You just have to change the altitudes, if you plan on using the VNAV function.

I have an issue with the GPS and Navigraph data. All the waypoints, VORS airports etc. move from their correct positions.

http://imgur.com/ZdbvFwd

The above image shows Northwest England. The Wallasey VOR is a few miles north of where it should be as are the airport labels. The further North I fly the further they will be offset from the correct place. It will only be in the correct place if I fly directly over the waypoint or VOR. If I fly South the offset is to the South of the correct position.

It is as if the zoom level is incorrect for the overlay against the map.

Someone offline mentioned a possible floating point error but I have no idea what that means.

I am running P3D and the phenom and navigraph extention are the latest files.

I have also installed the AIRAC cycle 1510.

Any ideas?

I have an issue with the GPS and Navigraph data. All the waypoints, VORS airports etc. move from their correct positions.

http://imgur.com/ZdbvFwd

It looks like a resize or rendering problem and it only appears in the MAP page. If you move to the WPT page or to the Active Flight Plan page, the position of the VOR WAL appears to be correct with any map range:

http://imgur.com/a/Ky4gn

It looks like a resize or rendering problem and it only appears in the MAP page. If you move to the WPT page or to the Active Flight Plan page, the position of the VOR WAL appears to be correct with any map range:
http://imgur.com/a/Ky4gn

Yes I think it is the map that is the issue and not the waypoints. Using the GPS on autopilot gets me where I want to go and like you say everything is correct in the other pages. Strange!

Having problem with the PROC page. When trying to enter a departure procedure I can't change the SID. It always displays ALBI1C SID. When rotating the knob it switches to NONE. What am I doing wrong? Newest AIRAC is installed.

When it does that for me it helps to use the knobs on the keyboard panel instead on the G1000 panel.

Erik "Ernom" Toth

When it does that for me it helps to use the knobs on the keyboard panel instead on the G1000 panel.

The problem is that it always shows ALBI1C SID. Not only at the according airfield. In LSZH (Zurich) there is no ALBI1C departure! :(

The problem is that it always shows ALBI1C SID. Not only at the according airfield. In LSZH (Zurich) there is no ALBI1C departure! :sad:

In such case chances are that you did not load the last Navigraph update correctly.

1. Remove the content of the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\CarenadoNavigraph\Navigraph

or the relevant folder in FSX/P3D.

2. Download the last AIRAC cycle again from the Navigraph FMS Data Manager.

3. When you load the Phenom the first time, make sure not to touch anything until the window Building database is open.

Hey guys, i'm having a problem with this extension. I click FPL to insert waypoints but i can't type nothing. After clicking FPL i turn the inner knob once and it opens another page to type just like any other G1000 plane. Then i turn the inner knob again to start typing and nothing happens, i can't even put a single character. I'm doing the same thing i used to do in the Carenado Phenom 100 and Flight1 Mustang and i can't type. For me it seems like a bug, does someone had/have the same problem? Thanks!

Also i noticed that despite the VOR's and Airports are visible in the G1000 map, they haven't their names written below them, so i think the Phenom isn't reading the database installed, any ideias? Thanks!

Also i noticed that despite the VOR's and Airports are visible in the G1000 map, they haven't their names written below them, so i think the Phenom isn't reading the database installed, any ideias? Thanks!

Take a look at post #43.