Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Need help with WOAI install (FSX)

I have downloaded the WOAI installer from AVSIM and have attempted to install a number of airline packages in FSX. However, on a test flight at Heathrow, not a single aircraft is visible on the ground, despite me having installed numerous airline packages. When I go to "Expert" in the WOAI installer, none of my packages appear. I've installed the airline packages to my C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes folder. Is this the correct location? Am I missing a step to somehow activate these AI aircraft? If anyone can help, I would be most grateful!

Also check your FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder for the Traffic files that the WOAI

installer should have put there.  If you did not convert the traffic files to FSX format, then

they will be in FS9 format which will eliminate most, if not all, default traffic.  (No big deal)

that's how I did it .  Try Heathrow airport in the early morning hours with your Airline AI slider

set about 35-40%.  Make sure you have downloaded packages that fly into Heathrow.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I had traffic at 100% at midday. Also, how do I know if the traffic files are in FSX format?

40 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

I had traffic at 100% at midday. Also, how do I know if the traffic files are in FSX format?

Are you showing any default traffic anywhere....Orbit Airlines, World travel, etc?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

40 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

Also, how do I know if the traffic files are in FSX format?

The biggest part is that the WoAI installer doesn't install FSX formatted traffic files, so ANY traffic that you have installed will be in the FS9 format. You can use AIFP to easily convert them.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Are you showing any default traffic anywhere....Orbit Airlines, World travel, etc?

No, none. I also have the ORBX Australia AI traffic active and they show up just fine when I fly in Australia.

2 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

The biggest part is that the WoAI installer doesn't install FSX formatted traffic files, so ANY traffic that you have installed will be in the FS9 format. You can use AIFP to easily convert them.

How would I do that? Never done it in my life.

My Airline traffic is set at 36% and GA traffic at 26%.  At London-Heathrow at 8:30 AM I had

at total of 9 aircraft at the gates including myself.  At 12:00PM I had 11 and at 7:30PM I had

8.  I have about 70 or so WOAI packages installed and I could and should do a bunch more.

Charlie Aron

I have the British Airways package installed. The BA terminal should be full of planes in the early morning rush hour period. There wasn't a single one. At 100% airline traffic, I had one United 787 and one Aer Lingus aircraft on the entire Heathrow airport site. Should've been much more than that!

This has been a long standing issue since around 2008, there's many many posts and tutorials already available.

When I goto Heathrow, the place is packed. It's just a matter of getting the traffic set correctly and having either only FSX traffic files or just FS9 traffic files (in which your traffic will all be a day off in the schedule).

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS