Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

M20R Lights Prepar3d v4

I find that the landing and taxi light don't do much to help when taxing or about to touch down. They seem to be focused to close to the aircraft. Anyone else notice this or do I have something goofy going on here. Are there any after market lights that can be added?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

LOL...Am I the only one with lighting problems or at least question on this plane landing and taxi lights??

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

Sam,

I have this issue with most of the aircraft released by Carenado & Alabeo the past couple of years.  Their landing and taxi light splashes are modeled too close to the aircraft, and have limited visibility from the cockpit unless you raise the view point with several shift+enter keypresses.  Regardless, I still own the majority of aircraft from them.  Some aircraft are better than others with regards to the landing/taxi lights.  I do not know of any way to modify the lights, since they are built into the model.

Cheers,

Gerald

Thanks Gerald. I don't do a lot of the Carenado stuff but I I do like this M20R. We will see if maybe someone has a hack for the lights.

Sam

I looked at some YouTube videos and it seems the lights aren't very bright...at least in the ones I saw.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I played around and came up with the Shockwave setup for the Mooney

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 = 5,   2.0,  10.32, -0.5, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_light
light.1 = 5,   2.0,  -10.32,  -0.5, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_light

I used these type of lights because they give the best ground illumination. Change the light type if you wish.