Sign in to follow this  
rainerbu

DC-6 Microupdate 1.20.8430?

Hallo Gents,

is there really a new microupdate v1.20.8430 for the DC-6 (for FSX)?

When I run the OC now update is coming up and the version # 1.20.8418 is named "up-to-date".

Thanks a lot for clarification!

Rainer Burg

22 minutes ago, rainerbu said:

is there really a new microupdate v1.20.8430 for the DC-6 (for FSX)?

Yes.

23 minutes ago, rainerbu said:

When I run the OC now update is coming up and the version # 1.20.8418 is named "up-to-date".

Can you be more specific about this? What steps are you taking before it's telling you that you're up to date?

Also, is the OC being run as an admin?

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle for your answer!

I always run the OC "as admin" (also I installed FSX acceleration "as admin" and start it everytime "as admin"; I´m used to do so from the beginning), and don´t do anything specific before.

I start the OC (from the start-up menu/ All programs/ PMDG...) with a right click "as admin" then look if there are notifications, than look at the version number, that´s all.

OR, I start "OC update" with right click "as admin" then look... (same as above!). Nothing more.

Btw, I have the B777 basic pack, the J41 and the DC-6 basic pack installed, all liveries which I installed via OC are there again and all the "new" installations with the

B777 (I have the finale version installed) a few weeks ago ran without any problems (first de-installation than installation of the respective new version of the B777) inclusive the "extra" liveries for the B777.

Hope this helps!

Thanks again

Rainer Burg

1 hour ago, rainerbu said:

I start the OC (from the start-up menu/ All programs/ PMDG...) with a right click "as admin" then look if there are notifications, than look at the version number, that´s all.

OR, I start "OC update" with right click "as admin" then look... (same as above!). Nothing more.

...and when you go to the versions page, it shows that, for the FSX version, 1.20.8418 is current (green bar)?

Kyle Rodgers

25 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

...and when you go to the versions page, it shows that, for the FSX version, 1.20.8418 is current (green bar)?

That is what I have!

Regards Ronald van Ingen

Thanks again Kyle, for your reaction,

yes Kyle, it schows Installed version/Available version 1.20.8418 ; your product is up to date. (with green bar)

Just a proposol/ idea:

Perhaps it may be the easiest and most straight forward trial (I know...only when you are adviced to do do so by the staff!) to deinstall all 3 PMDG aircrafts, then re-download the latest installers from the PMDG website (or take just the one I allready have) and reinstall all the aircrafts: first J41 then B777 then DC-6?

Just a proposal! I do nothing without your placet!

Best wishes

Rainer Burg

But wait! Kyle, I just opened by chance the "View changelog" icon on that page and that´s  what I see:

PRODUCT:

PMDG DC-6 Flight Simulator X "Cloudmaster" Version: v1.20.8430 (Bold by me)

Note: Change lists below comprise items tracked within our internal bug monitoring system and do not reflect new items added to the software or items that were discovered during testing but not logged into the item tracking system.

CHANGE LOG PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster - BUILD 1.20.8430 (Released 26AUG17) [ View Issues ]....

Cheers Rainer Burg

14 minutes ago, rainerbu said:

Perhaps it may be the easiest and most straight forward trial (I know...only when you are adviced to do do so by the staff!) to deinstall all 3 PMDG aircrafts, then re-download the latest installers from the PMDG website (or take just the one I allready have) and reinstall all the aircrafts: first J41 then B777 then DC-6?

Don't do this. Please.

17 minutes ago, rainerbu said:

But wait! Kyle, I just opened by chance the "View changelog" icon on that page and that´s  what I see:

PRODUCT:

PMDG DC-6 Flight Simulator X "Cloudmaster" Version: v1.20.8430 (Bold by me)

Note: Change lists below comprise items tracked within our internal bug monitoring system and do not reflect new items added to the software or items that were discovered during testing but not logged into the item tracking system.

CHANGE LOG PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster - BUILD 1.20.8430 (Released 26AUG17) [ View Issues ]....

...and this is why I don't recommend your suggestion.

Looks like a versions file issue for the OC, and nothing more. The plane is the current version if the files have that info in them. I'll mention it to the team.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, once more many thanks for your replies,

no, no, no, as I said, no reinstalls without your placet!

Thanks for your help and to forward "it" to the team!

All´s well that ends well!

Have a nice evening

Rainer Burg

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The plane is the current version if the files have that info in them

Hello,

I have the same version info in the change log (FSX),

OC never performed a "live-update." No DC-6 files were downloaded. I still have no W/A lights when set Wet takeoff power.

Thanks,

Robert Toten

I'm having the same issue. The OC says that version 1.20.8418 is up to date. I also can open the FSX changelog and it mentions the new 1.20.8430 version. But the software itself hasn't been updated.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

same issue here too.. says newer version is available and will not download, P3D4 version 

I was just about to uninstall all of my PMDG planes..  I cant seem to get this done..