Sign in to follow this  

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd open a new topic for this.

Just installed 2.7.2.6 and having problems. Using PF3 3.6.0. VFR flight from PHNY to PHLU. As soon as MCE displays the red text "[MCE] Looking for changes...", the sim (P3D V4) freezes (visuals frozen, rain sound still playing). Soon after that happens, the MCE ATC register states "PF3 not connected" (right after start-up, MCE shows the right flight plan).

Before 2.7.2.6 was using 2.7.2.0, patched to 2.7.2.5, and wasn't having this problem. Also using TrackIR5, ASP4 & ASCA & UTL.

It also happens with ATC mode = Native. Seems to have to do with the keypresses MCE does while initializing...? Using GSX. What else does MCE cycle right after start-up?

What I've tried so far:

-Starting P3D without any entries in dll. and exe.xml

-Reverting to 2.7.2.0 (fsinsider64.dll version is 2.7.2.3)

-Deleting mce.ini and having it rebuilt

-Deleting fsinsider.ini - doesn't get rebuilt?

-Reverted FSUIPC 5.112 to 5.103

Nothing's working. Getting extremely frustrated...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

18 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd open a new topic for this.

Just installed 2.7.2.6 and having problems. Using PF3 3.6.0. VFR flight from PHNY to PHLU. As soon as MCE displays the red text "[MCE] Looking for changes...", the sim (P3D V4) freezes (visuals frozen, rain sound still playing). Soon after that happens, the MCE ATC register states "PF3 not connected" (right after start-up, MCE shows the right flight plan).

Before 2.7.2.6 was using 2.7.2.0, patched to 2.7.2.5, and wasn't having this problem. Also using TrackIR5, ASP4 & ASCA & UTL.

It also happens with ATC mode = Native. Seems to have to do with the keypresses MCE does while initializing...? Using GSX. What else does MCE cycle right after start-up?

What I've tried so far:

-Starting P3D without any entries in dll. and exe.xml

-Reverting to 2.7.2.0 (fsinsider64.dll version is 2.7.2.3)

-Deleting mce.ini and having it rebuilt

-Deleting fsinsider.ini - doesn't get rebuilt?

-Reverted FSUIPC 5.112 to 5.103

Nothing's working. Getting extremely frustrated...

Typical reason for sim freeze following MCE start-up is incomplete installation on the simulator side.

Suggest you delete fsInsider64.dll and <MCE dlls> folder in \Prepar3D v4\.

Un-install MCE, then re-install.

Go to \Prepar3D v4\ and check that the installer has put the file there.

Do not manually copy <MCE dlls> folder from FSX or P3D installation folder. Those are 32 Bit dlls. P3D V4 won't see them even if they are present.

So, I found the problem, and since it was my fault, I'd like to share it, so that others can learn from my mistake:

I had fake installations of P3D V2 and V3 set up, simply by adding the (fake) program paths to the registry, pointing to the (real) V4 installation. I did this to be able to install V2 & 3 sceneries. But MCE also saw those paths and did 3 installations: V2, 3 and 4, all into the same path. Unfortunately for me, it seems it installed the 32 bit versions of the dll files last, overwriting the 64 bit versions... After "hiding" the fake installation paths in the registry and re-installing MCE, I can start up MCE normally.

:rolleyes:

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else