Sign in to follow this  
Bill Griffith

Keeping Pilot2ATC on second monitor

I just purchased Pilot2ATC.  I have two monitors and when I open Pilot2ATC and place it on the second monitor, it seems to work fine.  This is without the sim (P3Dv4) running.  When I start the sim and connect Pilot2ATC the main Pilot2ATC screen goes blank (The map and flight Plan ) when I click on it, say to move the map.  The main Pilot2ATC screen does the same thing if I click on the sim screen or my internet browser for that matter.  I think that this is a Windows 10 problem but I can run LittleNavMap on the second monitor without this problem.   I just found that if I click on the blank screen area of the other monitor, it does the same thing.  I had never seen this before I installed Pilot2ATC.  Any thoughts?

Bill

Edit:  I closed the sim and the problem went away so it seems to only happen when Pilot2ATC is connected to the sim.

Bill  N7IBG     

I also run windows 10 but have no problem. What type of video card do you have? My Nvidia 970 GTX has a DVI output that I use in the other monitor (not sure if it makes a difference). I usually start the sim first then open Pilot2atc. I then create my flight plan then connect the sim that what it says to do in the manual. Not sure if that would affect the way it operates by changing the order, but have no problems doing it that way. Maybe try disconnecting the second monitor opening the sim and P2ATC on your main monitor, connect your second monitor then drag P2ATC over to the other. Make your flight plan, file it then connect the sim and see if that works

Hi cmck.  Thank you for the response.  I have been in touch with Dave.  Excellent support response by the way.  :biggrin:  The second monitor turns out not to be the problem.  I have the same video card as you and I have tried using just one monitor.  The problem only occurs when the P2A program is connected to the flight sim.  Dave thinks that because of this the problem could be with FSUIPC.  I believe that I have the latest version 5.102.  I'm about to reinstall FSUIPC and see if that changes things.  I will check back with any progress.

Thank you again and if you think of anything else, I'm all ears. 

Best regards,

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

I believe Bill has narrowed  the problem down to something to do with his mouse.

This behavior seems to be unique to Bill's setup.  I use 3 monitors and have had as many as 5 hooked up and never had a problem similar to this.

Bill, please let us know what you find the problem and solution to be.

Thanks,

Dave

Thank you for all the help Dave.  I was just going to post an update.  Using the work around of swapping the mouse buttons works just fine for now.  Flying using Pilot2ATC is a very immersive experience.  Finally, ATC that lets me do an approach without being vectored all over the sky.  :biggrin:  Your support efforts are number 1 plus Dave.

For others interested I swapped the left and right mouse buttons in Windows and I have no problem when using the right (former left) mouse button for making selections, clicking button, etc.  I have done some searching and run some Windows 10 repair procedures with no change so far.  This is just some weirdness in my system that I hadn't run into before.  The problem isn't related to using multiple monitors, instead it has something to do with my systems mouse driver, I guess.  I will keep looking for a solution and when I find it I'll let you know, but for now I can use Pilot2ATC and I'm a happy camper.  :biggrin:

IF you aren't using Pilot2ATC, get it, you won't regret it.  I have read many reviews about ATC add-on's, used the built in ATC and VoxATC.  This is the one for me and probably for you.

Bill

PS If anyone was wondering, I did try 3 different mice and 2 different USB ports.

Bill  N7IBG     

I have an update of sorts.  I think that this issue has something to do with FSUIPC as you thought at first Dave.  I couldn't find any settings in FSUIPC that might be involved, so I brought up the Config screen in P2A and checked the 'Minimize" settings and they were both clear.  So in the joystick box I set the mouse to minimize and it did set the right button to minimize.   I then went to the Windows mouse configuration screen and swapped the mouse buttons back to the normal setting and then the left mouse button worked as it should.  The right mouse button does minimize the P2A screen .  I then cleared the minimize box but the right mouse button still minimizes the P2A screen.  On maybe a related note, I was using a button on my control wheel for the PTT switch and it work fine, but I notice that now  the PTT box was cleared/disabled and the control wheel button still operated the PTT.  This is all sort of a non-problem now as I can use the program without any problems.  I will rarely be using the right mouse button when flying so if it minimizes the P2A screen it isn't a big deal.  Originally just parts of the P2A screen would go blank and the screen would jump around, but that symptom is gone now.  I was getting pretty good at using the mouse buttons in reverse of how I have used them for years.  :laugh:

I had searched some more for a problem like this with no luck.  Trying to figure out how to word the question was a challenge.  :biggrin:  Kind of a windy explanation for what has become a non-problem for me but I thought that you might be interested.  Oh, I forgot, I haven't been able to set a joystick button for the 'Sayit' function but I can select a keyboard key for it.  I believe this all has something to do with FSUIPC and my system, again, I guess.  :blink:

Thank you again Dave for your fine program and help.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Hi all

I think  have a similar problem:

My sim is X-plane 11r05 on a 24'' screen and I use pilot2ATC v2 on my 22'' second screen.

When I click on the sim screen for anything or on any button off Pilot2ATC, the main windows off it (map and PLN) turn to black and the action on pilot2ATC don't work.

I have to click on the black zone to remain to the original windows....Some time, are needed several try to make a success of the action.

I have reported this on the bugs report.

Pascal

This happens to me only if the sim is in full screen mode. If I run it in windowed mode all works well. Of course I'm running FSX so this might not apply to other sims.

2 hours ago, bjwoody61 said:

This happens to me only if the sim is in full screen mode. If I run it in windowed mode all works well. Of course I'm running FSX so this might not apply to other sims.

Thank's bjwoody61, I wille test this ASAP.

;)