Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

FSW Various problems

Hello to you all,

My first post in this forum and of course, it is about problems.

I wonder if anyone can help me with the following.

1. Is there a manual on how to configure controls etc.

I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get FGW to recognise my Saitek yoke. Well, it recognised the yoke but not the quadrant attached to it. In the end I had to disconnect the quadrant and reconnect ... still the same so I pulled the USB plug on all my controls and re-inserted ... still the same. I then turned off and rebooted the computer and voila u... up she comes. No problems since.  Strange however, in that, it initially recognised the yoke (I was able to set the axis and buttons etc on the main unit) but not on the throttle quadrant. I have an extra quadrant rudder pedals and a trim wheel, with all of them set up currently for a twinjet  None of those are/were a problem.

2. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the repeat function working (I want to set 1st throttle quadrant ...Throttle 1.... to click down into the very bottom portion of the quadrant. This is recognised but I cannot get it to repeat. Required obviously to keep reversing until taken out of that slot. Works with FS9, FSX and P3Dv3 and 4.

3. The same applies to inverting. I have flaps configured on the last lever of the second quadrant. and the flaps when in the up position on the lever are actually down on the aircraft. I have left clicked ... right clicked on the column, the word invert and even kicked the tyres. Nothing seems to work.  How do I sort out 2 and 3???

4. Last but not least, How can I turn off the noise which FSW call music in the opening parts of the programme. As you may deduce from the phrasing, I find it most annoying and at least with FSX (same problem) you could turn it off.  I am sure the same applies here but I cannot seem to find the on/off switch.

Obviously , no one has had these problems as I cannot find anything in the forums about them. It may well all be put down to my aged and feeble mind (Gee, I seem to be using that excuse a lot lately) but I really would like some help.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

29 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello to you all,

My first post in this forum and of course, it is about problems.

I wonder if anyone can help me with the following.

I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get FGW to recognise my Saitek yoke. Well, it recognised the yoke but not the quadrant attached to it. In the end I had to disconnect the quadrant and reconnect ... still the same so I pulled the USB plug on all my controls and re-inserted ... still the same. I then turned off and rebooted the computer and voila u... up she comes. No problems since.  Strange however, in that, it initially recognised the yoke (I was able to set the axis and buttons etc on the main unit) but not on the throttle quadrant. I have an extra quadrant rudder pedals and a trim wheel, with all of them set up currently for a twinjet  None of those are/were a problem.

2. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the repeat function working (I want to set 1st throttle quadrant ...Throttle 1.... to click down into the very bottom portion of the quadrant. This is recognised but I cannot get it to repeat. Required obviously to keep reversing until taken out of that slot. Works with FS9, FSX and P3Dv3 and 4.

3. The same applies to inverting. I have flaps configured on the last lever of the second quadrant. and the flaps when in the up position on the lever are actually down on the aircraft. I have left clicked ... right clicked on the column, the word invert and even kicked the tyres. Nothing seems to work.  How do I sort out 2 and 3???

4. Last but not least, How can I turn off the noise which FSW call music in the opening parts of the programme. As you may deduce from the phrasing, I find it most annoying and at least with FSX (same problem) you could turn it off.  I am sure the same applies here but I cannot seem to find the on/off switch.

Obviously , no one has had these problems as I cannot find anything in the forums about them. It may well all be put down to my aged and feeble mind (Gee, I seem to be using that excuse a lot lately) but I really would like some help.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

1. Probably was a bad connection on your quadrant. If you use saitek gear I recommend you SPAD Next(It supports FSW): https://www.spadnext.com/home.html

2. Try SPAD Next for that one, but I don´t know if will work for you.

3. SPAD Next probably will, but I´m not sure.

4. Go to Settings and audio, you will find the music option, just untick it.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

5 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

For me it's plug and play.

But try the Quick Start Guide:

http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/389280/manuals/FSW_Quick_Start_Guide_Tool-EN.pdf?t=1502715577

Then you'll also see how to turn off music (page 7).

(Dovetail's goal is that you will not need external programs like SPAD Next).

Hello all,

Thank you for all your replies.

I downloaded the quick start guide and I believe after reading it completely in 2.3 minutes, the emphasis is indeed on the "quick" part of the title.

In that document, I can find absolutely NO reference to setting up the controls.

Can anyone please tell me HOW to make a button or axis repeat. Am I supposed to  left or right click on repeat, do a rain dance or what. I have no problems assigning a button to decrease throttle but I want it to keep repeating that command until I reach the required speed before releasing the command.

I may be wrong, but I simply do not know how to do this.  So very easy in FSX FSX-SE which this Simulator is very largely based on. This does not make any sense to me (obviously)

HELP

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hello again,

Can anyone please direct me to a forum that can actually help with this problem. 

I do not know what everyone else does to make a button or hatswitch move more than one movement per input, but it has to be possible.

Thanks

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

When you bind the button/switch do you not have the option to select the repeat rate as pictured below? This is with a Hotas Warthog Throttle button just to show you what happens when I try binding a button.

y4mtm4Fd75NEZLP5sq0FEFJBT4qSm93rSaTKgOpp

For more official help there is the FSW forum, Facebook and Discord. I suggest joining the FSW Discord. DTG staff regularly post there.

System: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @ 4.2GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 2600MHz CL18 RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB, Seagate 2TB HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

Thank you Sir,

I might have to do as you suggest.

No I am not getting that screen. I initially had problems because FSW in settings/controls recognised my Saitek yoke but not the attached throttle quadrant. I actually have two quadrants set up elsewhere as a twin jet.

I eventually got it to recognise the attached quadrant (the rest of the Saitek controllers had no problems) but it was a long and involved process. See my first post. 

The quick start guide is about as helpful as udders on a boar pig regarding control set up. 

I only want (at this stage) to make the thrust reversers (I know not relevant on most prop aircraft) keep reversing until the aircraft has slowed sufficiently. the other control I need is the hat switch pan. Panning by constantly pressing the switch is very slow and will eventually break the switch through overuse.

Again this was a very simple procedure on FSWs predecessors and I don't understand what I am doing wrongly.

Anyway, thanks for your attempt to resolve this dilemma of mine

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Did a bit of further testing and assigned my Hotas hat switch to the View(Pan) binding and works perfectly whilst pressing and holding the spacebar on keyboard. Again I had an option to set the repeat key to slow or fast.

y4mQ7mGMpmqzoywQP9lXvVxxagH6r234EVUTFY2n

Anyway it does seem to work, so not sure why your having the issue.

System: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @ 4.2GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 2600MHz CL18 RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB, Seagate 2TB HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

No I am not getting that screen.

Are you sure that you're trying to select a button and not an axis? I get the repeat option for any button/key press I assign.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit