Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Success - Photoreal scenery

49 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Wow, did you try the great freeware photo sceneries from Blue Sky Scenery? They propose many Western US states including California.

Really higher quality than MSE payware IMOH. To me, MSE is probably the worst photo provider in our sim world...

By the way I'm working on a full autogen cover for California state.

I tested/compared some blue sky scenery to MSE.. if you compare it to the v3 or ultrares MSE, MSE still wins in clarity and quality.. but it wasnt bad for higher level flying.. so for the price of free you cant complain.

The autogen sounds amazing.. any screen shots?  Are you using that 3rd party tool to generate it (forget what it was called).. it looked too involved for my time constraints :)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I'm using several tools but the main one is ScenProc from Arno (magician of FSDeveloper!)

This shot is a dev preview of buildings around Los Angles-KLAX (LA city counts around 4 millions of autogen buildings so it requires P3Dv4 with x64 I guess to avoid OOM :biggrin:)

859021LAAutogen.jpg

I found also a great and detailed source to create various vegetation so I expect a nice vegetation coverage. But still a lot to do, dozen of hours of computing and checking...

Actually I have already covered several European countries (Italy, Germany, Portugal, Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, Greece...) All can be downloaded from F-BMPL (Filipo's web site), autogen section.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

17 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

All can be downloaded from F-BMPL (Filipo's web site), autogen section.

Awesome job!!  Will this work in P3D v3 and v4?

Edit:  That was maybe a dumb question.  I think v4 might be the only option due to VAS no longer being an issue.  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

43 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

I'm using several tools but the main one is ScenProc from Arno (magician of FSDeveloper!)

This shot is a dev preview of buildings around Los Angles-KLAX (LA city counts around 4 millions of autogen buildings so it requires P3Dv4 with x64 I guess to avoid OOM :biggrin:)

I found also a great and detailed source to create various vegetation so I expect a nice vegetation coverage. But still a lot to do, dozen of hours of computing and checking...

Actually I have already covered several European countries (Italy, Germany, Portugal, Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, Greece...) All can be downloaded from F-BMPL (Filipo's web site), autogen section.

ScenProc thats it :)  And wow, awesome stuff!

So i guess obviously photoscenery is needed for the agn to work.. i took a look at the austria page.. very nice there.. any suggestions for an easy/free/cheap photoscenery for austria to utilize the agn? (Maybe i should just find some hdd space and go the route of res2 80% compression fsearthtiles with bing?

Hoping you put the LA stuff up there once done.. truly awesome.. if you ever feel like doing the pittsburgh, PA usa area .. well.. that would be amazing (no one ever does much in my home area).. or maybe its time i research how do to this.. just seems a bit involved.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

1 hour ago, klamal said:

Awesome job!!  Will this work in P3D v3 and v4?

It should run well on both, but maybe you will have to reduce the autogen density setting with v3 to avoid OOM over LA area. This is really a unique hudge place!

35 minutes ago, theskyisthelimit said:

So i guess obviously photoscenery is needed for the agn to work..

Sure

any suggestions for an easy/free/cheap photoscenery for austria to utilize the agn?

I'm not the author of Austrian autogen and don't have any photoscenery (yet), sorry. But you should really avoid MSE for european sceneries.

Hoping you put the LA stuff up there once done

Sure I will

if you ever feel like doing the pittsburgh, PA

Not planned at this time because I don't know any freeware photoscenery source for PA.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

4 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

Wow, did you try the great freeware photo sceneries from Blue Sky Scenery? They propose many Western US states including California.

Really higher quality than MSE payware IMOH. To me, MSE is probably the worst photo provider in our sim world...

By the way I'm working on a full autogen cover for California state.

I've used BlueSky scenery before, but the coverage isn't complete.  MSE California is good enough, flew from Napa to past Monterey and was pleased with what I saw, although the resolution isn't as sharp as I expected, like mine it seems to be 2M.  But that is good enough at altitude in most aircraft.  I will use FSEarthtiles to render non-coastal areas when I have time, that seems to be the fastest route to generating photoreal scenery away from coastlines, and the quality can be adjusted.

John

21 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Do you mean for California?

Yes, some parts are missing in California although most of the state is complete.  Also, the scenery used is quite a bit older than current scenery, such as my old hometown of Napa which is missing a stretch of freeway in the north part of the city.

John

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

Yes, some parts are missing in California although most of the state is complete.  Also, the scenery used is quite a bit older than current scenery, such as my old hometown of Napa which is missing a stretch of freeway in the north part of the city.

John

For this, are you referring to the new california you just downloaded (the v3)?  Surprised at the quality part at least.. maybe it differs state to state.  They stated v3 was 50cm i thought, maybe not, maybe not everywhere in the region.

edit:

there non specific description (doesnt say which version) says this:

Original imagery is captured at 50 cm to 2 meters per pixel. They are resampled to display in FSX at 1.19 meters per pixel

6 minutes ago, theskyisthelimit said:

For this, are you referring to the new california you just downloaded (the v3)?  Surprised at the quality part at least.. maybe it differs state to state.  They stated v3 was 50cm i thought, maybe not, maybe not everywhere in the region.

No, I was referring to the Blue Sky scenery.  The Megascenery I downloaded is not 50cm, too small of a download size, took hours enough to download what I have, some 60+ zips.  It's a good compromise however, since most of my California trips are in the flight levels between SF and LA in the Mirage and Citation.  If I ever add other states thru FSEarthtiles, that scenery will blend in well.  Again, California is probably the only Megascenery product I will have, it was just easier to purchase it rather than spend days rendering it with FSEarthtiles.  Today or tomorrow I will start rendering the Phoenix metro area in Arizona with FSEarthtiles.

John

On 9/7/2017 at 2:18 PM, Cactus521 said:

No, I was referring to the Blue Sky scenery.  The Megascenery I downloaded is not 50cm, too small of a download size, took hours enough to download what I have, some 60+ zips.  It's a good compromise however, since most of my California trips are in the flight levels between SF and LA in the Mirage and Citation.  If I ever add other states thru FSEarthtiles, that scenery will blend in well.  Again, California is probably the only Megascenery product I will have, it was just easier to purchase it rather than spend days rendering it with FSEarthtiles.  Today or tomorrow I will start rendering the Phoenix metro area in Arizona with FSEarthtiles.

John

Curious.. where did you find the link for megasceneryearth california v3.. i cant seem to find it.. i only see v2 or the weaker 4x out there?

20 minutes ago, theskyisthelimit said:

Curious.. where did you find the link for megasceneryearth california v3.. i cant seem to find it.. i only see v2 or the weaker 4x out there?

I bought V2, V3 wasn't done yet for California.  Satisfied with V2 though, it was at least at the resolution I wanted for brevity of load times and sharpness at altitude, I flew a realtime flight from Napa to Santa Ana yesterday.  I just finished spinning the Phoenix Metro Area using FSEarthtiles, same res as MSE California.  It works well, allows me to hop from Photoreal Denver (my own scenery) to Phoenix, then on to MSE's California.  Took about two hours to create the Phoenix metro area but it was an easy project since there were no coastline masks.  I will use it for ultralight flying in my trike at about 2000 ft. AGL.  Even at a thousand feet it looks good.  I'll have to get Blue Sky's airport fixes though, the Phoenix airports don't line up with the photoreal scenery.

John

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

I bought V2, V3 wasn't done yet for California.  Satisfied with V2 though, it was at least at the resolution I wanted for brevity of load times and sharpness at altitude, I flew a realtime flight from Napa to Santa Ana yesterday.  I just finished spinning the Phoenix Metro Area using FSEarthtiles, same res as MSE California.  It works well, allows me to hop from Photoreal Denver (my own scenery) to Phoenix, then on to MSE's California.  Took about two hours to create the Phoenix metro area but it was an easy project since there were no coastline masks.  I will use it for ultralight flying in my trike at about 2000 ft. AGL.  Even at a thousand feet it looks good.  I'll have to get Blue Sky's airport fixes though, the Phoenix airports don't line up with the photoreal scenery.

John

Ah ok.. how long do you think a typical large state takes.. ie: pennsylvania.. i think PA i have going at 83 tiles.. i'm guessing its going to take a long long while (92GB in size, 650GB workspace) compared to ortho4xp.  Do you just have the two services active on it.. bing and google earth?

still working on the 95GB state of PA with fsearthtiles res of 2 (400GB working folder).. 3 days later.. at 45 of 88 tiles.. 

Does this seem horrendously slow?  Granted, its running on a server i have with an a8 amd processor (to keep things isolated and not suck up a machine).. i may try it on my full blown machine just to see if it moves quicker.. unless this is typical (again wayyyyyy slower than orthoxp.. i could do entire countries in a matter of 1-2 days with ortho or less).

On 12/09/2017 at 4:34 AM, theskyisthelimit said:

still working on the 95GB state of PA with fsearthtiles res of 2 (400GB working folder).. 3 days later.. at 45 of 88 tiles.. 

Does this seem horrendously slow?  Granted, its running on a server i have with an a8 amd processor (to keep things isolated and not suck up a machine).. i may try it on my full blown machine just to see if it moves quicker.. unless this is typical (again wayyyyyy slower than orthoxp.. i could do entire countries in a matter of 1-2 days with ortho or less).

Yea that's been my experience with FSET. Great tool but Ortho4XP is definitely faster. 

One thing to check, did you set it to create seasonal textures as well? That certainly adds a lot of overhead to the process, and so I don't bother with the seasonal textures. 

You can find the online manual for all of our planes here: https://bigradials.com/pages/documentation
Join us on discord and chat with all the other Big Radials fans: https://discord.gg/4UpzKVSSqZ