Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

EU Voice set confusion

I'm using Voice control. A bit confusion regarding the voice sets. US is a female voice set, UK a male voice set. Is the EU set supposed to be a female voice set (I hope :-) ) ?

I get the initial 'Let's start setting things up' by a female voice, but the rest continues with male voice.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

The voice sets (EU, US and UK) include more than just one person.  There's the Captain's voice (if using Button Control), engineers, FAs, ground crew, etc.

But the voice you will hear most often is -naturally- the FO's voice.

US FO = female

EU FO = female (she's German actually)

UK FO = male.

Hope that clears it up!

Hm, no doesn`t really clear it up. I am using voice control and the EU voice set. As mentioned, for the initial `let`s start setting things up` I hear the clear German female voice, but after that (walkaround, checklists) it`s a male voice. The walkaround is done by the FO in the voice control version, so I should hear her ?!

Strange. Tried twice, will try again today. 

40 minutes ago, byork said:

In the EU Voice set, the Captain is a German Female.  The FO is a German male.

Hm, that's a pity. From your product description it sounds like two female voice sets also for the voice control version.

So, when using EU and Voice control, why do I hear her initially at all ? I am the Captain with Voice control, no ? Not a big deal, just thought I ask.

Mike

2 hours ago, mikealpha said:

So, when using EU and Voice control, why do I hear her initially at all ? I am the Captain with Voice control, no ? Not a big deal, just thought I ask.

Mike

In Voice Control, we throw in a couple Captain's sounds for effect, like when you start the pre-flight events.

Some users wanted that a while back, so we threw it in.

In a future release, we'll have the German female and German male switch roles as an extra sound set option.

3 hours ago, byork said:

In Voice Control, we throw in a couple Captain's sounds for effect, like when you start the pre-flight events.

Some users wanted that a while back, so we threw it in.

In a future release, we'll have the German female and German male switch roles as an extra sound set option.

Hm. regarding immersion, it's weird to hear an isolated female voice regarding setting things up and then no more.

So, actually for voice control it is one female voice set and two male voice sets, not the other way round. A pity, I was hoping to fly Lufthansa with female copilot. I hope it will be soon implemented as advertised.

Mike