Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

How to install add-on scenery?

I got my first add-on scenery for P3D and I need some guidance on how to install it. What folder does airport scenery go in? I was/am a FS9 user before P3D and there was a addon scenery folder in FS9 for airport scenery. In P3D there is no addon scenery folder. There is install instructions for the scenery, but it is written for a FSX install since the scenery work in FSX also.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If the scenery is compatible with P3D V4 the installer should do the Job... else ask the developer for the correct instructions , else in the Learning Center of P3D ( root folder \learningcentre.chm) there are instructions as to how to install scenery and other things the right way...

Jorge

Thanks Jorge. There is no installer with the scenery (it's a freeware scenery for Lakenheath).

4 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Thanks Jorge. There is no installer with the scenery (it's a freeware scenery for Lakenheath).

I recommend you use the P3D Learning Center and take the time to learn how to do this, or you can download a free addon organizer from Lordy and never understand how it works.  However, it helps to know how it works if you have problems.

Basically, you put the freeware scenery file(s) in a location such as \Addon Scenery\Scenery\ folder, then you create a <Documents>\Prepar3D V4 Addon Files\Addon Scenery\ folder, and in that folder you put a simple little add-on.xml file that P3D will "discover" and know from that xml file where to find your addon scenery.  These instructions are in the Learning Center, just takes time to absorb it but it's not hard or complicated.