roland_lfor

[Autogen] California - Work in Progress

Hi there,

Here are some screen shots around LA with a first mix of buildings and vegetation:

Still a lot to do ...

125335CApreview1.jpg

182409CApreview2.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The autogen pack for California is now hosted here:

>>> On F-BMPL.com

Strange to see that US simmers are not interested to enhance their VFR country scenery... No interest in this thread :blink:

Maybe because it's freeware:huh:

51 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Strange to see that US simmers are not interested to enhance their VFR country scenery... No interest in this thread :blink:

Maybe because it's freeware:huh:

I think, perhaps, because few fly with photoreal?  Could I suggest a couple of videos showing metropolitan areas, rural areas and, perhaps coastlines?

That is not true, many people fly with photoreal, especially us VFR pilots. I think the problem is that there are many commercial alternatives on the market already and in some cases included with the product. I for one use UltimateVFR for California and it includes both the photoreal and a great autogen all in one package. And for those that use Megascenery for California the Nuvecta autogen product has been on the market for some time with both autogen trees and buildings.

Mike    

Downloading now a to take a look at your results.  I take it all the data is from OSM?

thx for the scenery!

Clutch

No, I'm using various sources to complete OSM which is still quite poor. See the readme. I found a great vegetation source which allows 36 different species!

You should also fly in North and East of San Franciso to see vegetation covers. (North Sierran, North Interior, North Coast East, South Sierran...)

I have found an issue with one vegetation species (error in one of my script), I'm currently computing a fixed version.Hopefully It should be available during the week-end.

Actually I've just seen that the package miss the South Sierran vegetation.

I'll issue a v2 asap.

For those of you who are using FSDT KLAX v2, I've merged my autogen with LAX surrounding area autogen for a good integration without hole.

>>>> You can get here the modified files for FSDT-KLAX texture folder.

Just copy and replace original FSDT .AGN files.

Beware that after each FSDT Update tool run, you'll have to make the copy again as it revert back AGN to original ones.

Hi Roland,

what photo scenery do you use? In your screenshots above it looks really good. I use Megascenery California V3 and in the wooden area it´s much too blue in my opinion. The green of the trees is rather turquoise than tree-green.

Thanks

Christian

Wow, that looks great!  I think it's super awesome that you're making it available as freeware.  Going to download and give it a try now. :)

Hi Roland, I also use MegaScenery SOCAL v3.0, with Ultra Res LA & San Diego on top. Is your autogen compatible with either of these photoreal packages or only the BlueSky product?

Either way it's absolutely amazing work.

Cheers.

I'm going to start downloading the Blue Sky freebies and look forward to seeing how the autogen works.

But I want to express a big Thank You for the efforts involved!

Thanks, I'm waiting your feedback :)

Remember to open the ReadMe as you need to install additionnal autogen definition!