Sign in to follow this  

Is that a bug or a "feature"?

Hi all recently I've noticed this:

As you can see there seems to be a missing part of the model.

I'm not sure if this is the window or not so i thought; let's ask someone who knows.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

11 minutes ago, 30K said:

As you can see there seems to be a missing part of the model.

I don't see anything out of sorts here. Look at any 747-400 flight deck picture and you'll see those in there, too.

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I don't see anything out of sorts here. Look at any 747-400 flight deck picture and you'll see those in there, too.

I've edited the picture to better show what i mean.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

Still looks fine to me.  Those are the leads to the window heat.  There isn't really a cosmetic cap to them if that's what your suggesting.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

6 minutes ago, 30K said:

I've edited the picture to better show what i mean.

Yeah...still not seeing what the issue is. Look at any picture of a 400's flight deck.

Kyle Rodgers

13 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yeah...still not seeing what the issue is. Look at any picture of a 400's flight deck.

Okay one last try then i let go :D

If you zoom in enough you will see that the brown window frame is just a small line at the edge to the window heaters and in between there is the "outside" (blue building) visible. It just catched my eye and because i've modeled in my College with 3DsMax myself i do have a bit of experience and this little fine edge looks a bit odd... Hard to phrase.... It looks like a clipping issue. 

Maybe it's good to mention that this image is rendered in UHD so maybe in FHD this issue is negligible small and not visible....

4imxIvb.png

Cheers Henrik K.

Have you pan viewed around it to look at it 3 dimensionally? Cause all I see is a gap created by the wire lead.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

It appears as if you can see straight through that section of the panel with the glass from the terminal building behind it showing through. I suggest you repeat the shot against different backgrounds to see if that spot matches the background outside of the plane in every shot that you take. Do the same for the FO's side. That will give you something to compare it to. 

• Upvote 1