SebastianStorb

Bug Report Reality XP v2 [solved]

Recommended Posts

Already installing the new software (as administrator) is difficult.

First, the update fails and the installer reports an error: 

Update Error!

An error occured in retrieving update information; are you connected to the internet? Please try again later.

(no Firewall / no Antivirus / Admin rights)

Secondly, the installation also breaks down on a freshly installed Windows 10 64bit system:

(Or is so slow that after 24 hours there is still no progress in the installation bar to be seen)

Thirdly, the program runs after the manual installation but leads to the crash of the P3D v4:

 

P3Dv4 CTD:

 

Protokollname: Application
Quelle:        Application Error
Datum:         08.09.2017 08:08:40
Ereignis-ID:   1000
Aufgabenkategorie:(100)
Ebene:         Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer:      Nicht zutreffend
Computer:      ASUS
Beschreibung:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: G530SIM.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4bff0a69
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x22a4
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d32868e2cf15d5
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\RealityXP\GNS\G530SIM.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: 3868752a-897e-4895-81db-db47b5e9cf4e
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-08T06:08:40.049599200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3583</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ASUS</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4bff0a69</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>22a4</Data>
    <Data>01d32868e2cf15d5</Data>
    <Data>C:\RealityXP\GNS\G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>3868752a-897e-4895-81db-db47b5e9cf4e</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

 

After resetting the system to the time before the installation, P3Dv4 runs again! Even after a new installation of Windows 10 64bit, the errors unfortunately occur again.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the latest release is 2.3.1 ? (which is working good)

where did you find a 3.0.0.3 version ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SebastianStorb said:

Already installing the new software (as administrator) is difficult.

First, the update fails and the installer reports an error: 

Update Error!

An error occured in retrieving update information; are you connected to the internet? Please try again later.

(no Firewall / no Antivirus / Admin rights)

Secondly, the installation also breaks down on a freshly installed Windows 10 64bit system:

(Or is so slow that after 24 hours there is still no progress in the installation bar to be seen)

Thirdly, the program runs after the manual installation but leads to the crash of the P3D v4:

This is the latest version of RXP GNS v2. http://files.100megabyte.com/realityxp/rxpGNS2-FS(2.3.1.0).zip

G530SIM.exe in your report is the Garmin trainer not the RXP software. The RXP installer will ask to download and install the latest trainer which is ver. 3.30 not 3.0.0.3. The correct trainer installer is: GNS400W-500WSeriesTrainerLite_330.zip found in C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GnsTrainer

BTW Do not check for update within the RXP installer.

See the image below.

From the Reality XP GNS v2 FltSim.pdf

http://O4trLDC.png?1

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your answers, unfortunately, the information is not new to me and does not solve the problem:

Since you have difficulties with the versions I have mentioned I would like to clarify these here (We talk about the same program Version - Sorry I was not exact enough):

File version 3.0.0.3 = Data version 3.0 (-> = 3.00.0003)

P3D STILL CTD:

Quote
On ‎12‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 9:30 PM, SebastianStorb said:

P3Dv4 CTD:

 

Protokollname: Application
Quelle:        Application Error
Datum:         08.09.2017 08:08:40
Ereignis-ID:   1000
Aufgabenkategorie:(100)
Ebene:         Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer:      Nicht zutreffend
Computer:      ASUS
Beschreibung:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: G530SIM.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4bff0a69
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x22a4
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d32868e2cf15d5
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\RealityXP\GNS\G530SIM.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: 3868752a-897e-4895-81db-db47b5e9cf4e
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-08T06:08:40.049599200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3583</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ASUS</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4bff0a69</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>22a4</Data>
    <Data>01d32868e2cf15d5</Data>
    <Data>C:\RealityXP\GNS\G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>3868752a-897e-4895-81db-db47b5e9cf4e</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

 

THIS DOES NOT HELP:

1) open "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GNS Trainer Data\GNS" in an explorer window

2) find sys_nand# files, with # standing for 'a' to 'd' (530_1,530_2,430_1,430_2)

3) delete the one for the offending GNS (which seems to be 530_1 i.e. "sys_nanda")

 

TX 4  help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The manual Installation

Quote
On ‎12‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 9:30 PM, SebastianStorb said:

Thirdly, the program runs after the manual installation but leads to the crash of the P3D v4

 

I could only perform because I knew the path:

Quote
On ‎12‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 10:59 PM, bills511 said:

The correct trainer installer is: GNS400W-500WSeriesTrainerLite_330.zip found in C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GnsTrainer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, let's wrap up a few items to make sure I can follow you through:

1) Your trainer runs from this location: "C:\RealityXP\GNS\G530SIM.exe"

    However, It default installs to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS".

    Have you manually moved the installed files?

2) If you manually run the trainer, i.e. double-click G530SIM.exe, does it opens or does it crashes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I did my 3.th clean Windows 10 64bit installation:

ad 1) yes there is a location "C:\RealityXP where the rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe and the *.lic data exists. But there is no location: "C:\RealityXP\GNS\G530SIM.exe"

No I did not move anything manualy!

ad 2) Yes, i can open it and switch the units i.e. GNS500- But i can not use it (COM volume knob to power on the unit is blocked)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many many thanks for the help!

I had used this installer:

On 12.9.2017 at 10:59 PM, bills511 said:

This is the latest version of RXP GNS v2. http://files.100megabyte.com/realityxp/rxpGNS2-FS(2.3.1.0).zip

 

This installer does not install any files (which are required to start) under  /documents/...! -> *.xml (?)

Therefore (after uninstall and reboot), I again used the installer of Flight1, where I bought the software. To my surprise (supposedly identical version 3.0) the folder (and content) now was created. I repeated the procedure 2x because I could not believe it! Its ab bug in this installer, but "your" installer does not crush :biggrin:.

In the meantime, I have so often uninstalled and reinstalled that Flight1 has blocked my license!

:huh:

It is unfortunate that I do not know how pictures can be uploaded, because the P3D crash are incredible.

a) CTD with Pieper Arrow III (never bevore)

b) CTD with Alabeo Saratoga II (never bevore)

In the Piper Saratoga, the XP GNS430 is only displayed when I click on the GNS430. In the Piper Arrow it should also be integrated (purchase decision for the software) and leads to the crash of the P3D

best regards

SebastianStorb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sebastian, your crash log tells:  <Data>C:\RealityXP\GNS\G530SIM.exe</Data>

This means it runs a "G530SIM.exe" program from there.

Now, you're saying there is no such file there, which makes me wonder: how does window figure out a process running from a location there isn't it?!?!?!

I'd suggest you try to find out exactly what is installed where first. To guide you:

1) E-commerce installer creates a C:\RealityXP\ folder which includes your .lic file(s) and our software installer.

2) Our software installer stores:

- in "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP", files starting with: "rxpGns" (like rxpGnsSim32.dll)

- in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim"

   various folders ("32", "64") each containing the gauge, the menu dll, and a helper "rxpSimCon##.dll"

   the User's Manual

- in "\Documents\Prepar3D v# Add-ons\Reality XP GNS\" the "add-on.xml" file (similarly for P3D4).

- The installer also append entries to the DLL.xml for simulators FS9 to P3D2 only.

- the installer also copies the rxpGNS2.dll to the simulator "Gauge" folder (FS9 to P3D2 only).

3) the Garmin trainer installer default installs to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS Trainer" when there are 2 folders:

- GNS (all the program dll and G530Sim.exe)

- Manuals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RXP said:

Now, you're saying there is no such file there, which makes me wonder: how does window figure out a process running from a location there isn't it?!?!?!

You have misunderstood me: In the meantime, all folders and files are available! I've checked all of the above filenames.

I would like to draw attention to the fact that this Software

Quote
On ‎12‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 10:59 PM, bills511 said:

This is the latest version of RXP GNS v2. http://files.100megabyte.com/realityxp/rxpGNS2-FS(2.3.1.0).zip

 

(in contrast to downloading the Flight1 Version) does not create all required files! The following is not installed:

Quote
10 hours ago, RXP said:

- in "\Documents\Prepar3D v# Add-ons\Reality XP GNS\" the "add-on.xml" file (similarly for P3D4).

 

But this is not to be discussed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are making progress.

If the add-on.xml file is not installed, then, there is nothing GNS V2 related which will be loaded with P3D4 (or P3D3).

In this case, how have you managed to have a non-loaded GNS V2 gauge and non-loaded GNS V2 menu make your P3D4 crash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have added the file by hand but unfortunately I still have the same problems as before the reinstallation:

1.) In the aircraft, the Reality XP is not integrated (but only if I click on it and it opens in the window)
2) The simulator continues to crash regularly with the known error message (see below).

;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;// Reality XP Keyboard Shortcuts Configuration File - v1.0
;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;//
;// [SHORTCUTS]   Keyboard shortcuts section. Shortcuts must be configured in this INI file located at:
;//               "My Documents\Flight Simulator Files"
;//
;// every function support any combination of ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+KEY with the following valid KEY:
;//
;// F1 to F24, 0 to 9, A to Z, NUMPAD0 to NUMPAD9, BACK, TAB, CLEAR, RETURN, ESCAPE,
;// SPACE, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN, END, HOME, LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, SELECT, PRINT, EXECUTE, SNAPSHOT, INSERT, DELETE, HELP,
;// MULTIPLY, ADD, SEPARATOR, SUBTRACT, NUMPADDOT, DIVIDE,
;// BROWSER_BACK, BROWSER_FORWARD, BROWSER_REFRESH, BROWSER_STOP, BROWSER_SEARCH, BROWSER_FAVORITES, BROWSER_HOME,
;// LAUNCH_MAIL, LAUNCH_MEDIA_SELECT, LAUNCH_APP1, LAUNCH_APP2,
;// MEDIA_NEXT_TRACK, MEDIA_PREV_TRACK, MEDIA_STOP, MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE,
;// VOLUME_MUTE, VOLUME_DOWN, VOLUME_UP,
;//
;// Disable a shortcut: leave the line empty after the '=' sign.
;// Define a shortcut : write the key definition after the '=' sign to configure a shortcut.
;//
;// For example, FUNCTION_NAME=CTRL+SHIFT+N controls the function 'FUNCTION_NAME' with 'CTRL+SHIFT+N'
;//
;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[SHORTCUTS]
TOGGLE_WINDOW_1 = ALT+SHIFT+1
CFLP_1 =
VFLP_1 =
CDI_1 =
OBS_1 =
MSG_1 =
FPL_1 =
VNAV_1 =
PROC_1 =
ENT_1 =
CLR_1 =
MNU_1 =
DTO_1 =
RDN_1 =
RUP_1 =
PWR_PUSH_1 =
PWR_CCW_1 =
PWR_CW_1 =
VOL_PUSH_1 =
VOL_CCW_1 =
VOL_CW_1 =
COM_PUSH_1 =
COM_OUTR_CCW_1 =
COM_OUTR_CW_1 =
COM_INNR_CCW_1 =
COM_INNR_CW_1 =
GPS_PUSH_1 =
GPS_OUTR_CCW_1 =
GPS_OUTR_CW_1 =
GPS_INNR_CCW_1 =
GPS_INNR_CW_1 =
TOGGLE_WINDOW_2 =
CFLP_2 =
VFLP_2 =
CDI_2 =
OBS_2 =
MSG_2 =
FPL_2 =
VNAV_2 =
PROC_2 =
ENT_2 =
CLR_2 =
MNU_2 =
DTO_2 =
RDN_2 =
RUP_2 =
PWR_PUSH_2 =
PWR_CCW_2 =
PWR_CW_2 =
VOL_PUSH_2 =
VOL_CCW_2 =
VOL_CW_2 =
COM_PUSH_2 =
COM_OUTR_CCW_2 =
COM_OUTR_CW_2 =
COM_INNR_CCW_2 =
COM_INNR_CW_2 =
GPS_PUSH_2 =
GPS_OUTR_CCW_2 =
GPS_OUTR_CW_2 =
GPS_INNR_CCW_2 =
GPS_INNR_CW_2 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_0 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_1 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_2 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_NEXT =

 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ERROR REPORT

Protokollname: Application
Quelle:        Application Error
Datum:         17.09.2017 18:07:58
Ereignis-ID:   1000
Aufgabenkategorie:(100)
Ebene:         Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer:      Nicht zutreffend
Computer:      ASUS
Beschreibung:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: G530SIM.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4bff0a69
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d
Fehleroffset: 0x637bc1ed
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1afc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d32fcef4447ab4
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\G530SIM.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: c2ffb95a-cac0-4ca7-a196-ae8e1042c9b8
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-17T16:07:58.890016200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1878</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ASUS</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4bff0a69</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c000041d</Data>
    <Data>637bc1ed</Data>
    <Data>1afc</Data>
    <Data>01d32fcef4447ab4</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>c2ffb95a-cac0-4ca7-a196-ae8e1042c9b8</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

 

Thank you for your patience

SebastianStorb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SebastianStorb said:

 

I have added the file by hand

 

Don't! Just let the installer do the correct job.

Should the add-on.xml fails to create during installation, you can create the file manually with the following content:

file: "My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Reality XP GNS\add-on.xml"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="3,3" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Reality XP GNS V2</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Legendary Gauges Redefined</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>DLL</Category>
        <Name>Reality XP GNS V2 Menu</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64\rxpGNS2_menu.dll</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Gauges</Category>
        <Name>Reality XP GNS V2 Gauge</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

 

NB: for P3D3, it goes into: "My Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\Reality XP GNS\add-on.xml"

NB: for P3D3: change any "64" with "32"

 

1 hour ago, SebastianStorb said:

In the aircraft, the Reality XP is not integrated (but only if I click on it and it opens in the window)

I'm not sure to understand the correct meaning. Can you please clarify?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what you see: (The standard GNS430). Here I try to show the representation, which I see when RealityXP was set as "in the box" and not as a window configuration. But RealityXP is not shown integrated. If a GNS430 is clicked, a window opens in which the RealityXP GNS430 appears.

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now