The new lights are working partly when using MT6. On the ground, and if you are not too far away from the aircraft, you can see at least the great strobe lights with reflections.
Moreover you can take a look at the MT aircarft config editor, located in the MT aircraft directory. There you will find an option "Enable Effect Light". Make sure that this option is turned on.

Patric

I'm using ultimate traffic live for P3D4. Unfortunately it doesn't work. All effects full, installed via readme. Any idea how solve it?

1 hour ago, jodle said:

I'm using ultimate traffic live for P3D4. Unfortunately it doesn't work. All effects full, installed via readme. Any idea how solve it?

Jodle,

I own UTL and used it during the creation of the lights, you must have a conflict in your sim with something else.

Contact me privately for support or email me at support@fsreborn.com

Best regards 

Simbol 

Ok, just as a side note: for example the Lionheart Trinidad seems to use the same strobe light effects. At least since installation of this nice little tool, I can not use my strobe lights in the Lionheart Trinidad anymore, because they illuminate the full VC even in bright sunlight with an annoying blinking white light. I know, this is most probably due to the fact that the wing is not considered be solid material for this plane, but still... Same effect is visible in the outside view, now the strobe light illuminates the full fuselage with its blinking white light, visible even in bright sunshine... Anything I can do to overcome such an effect?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ok, just as a side note: for example the Lionheart Trinidad seems to use the same strobe light effects. At least since installation of this nice little tool, I can not use my strobe lights in the Lionheart Trinidad anymore, because they illuminate the full VC even in bright sunlight with an annoying blinking white light. I know, this is most probably due to the fact that the wing is not considered be solid material for this plane, but still... Same effect is visible in the outside view, now the strobe light illuminates the full fuselage with its blinking white light, visible even in bright sunshine... Anything I can do to overcome such an effect?

You can edit your trinidad aircraft.cfg file to use a different strobe effect.

Your original strobe files were left untouched on your default effects folder, make a copy of fx_strobe.fx, rename the copy to fx_strobe_trinidad.fx and open your aircraft.cfg file, find any reference to the default strobe and replace it for fx_strobe_trinidad

That will resolve your particular problem.

If you want me to do the changes for you email me at support@fsreborn.com.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

Well, what an easy yet wonderful simple solution, thanks for pointing this out. Could have thought about that myself, haha. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

No worries,

I am here to help, as a simulator user myself I understand very well how much you want to enjoy your experience.

All the best,

Simbol 

One question related to the idea with renaming the fx files: as I have plenty of AI aircraft moved over from my FSX first to P3Dv3 and now to P3Dv4, many of them still have their shockwave entries in their aircraft.cfg under the lights section. In P3Dv3, I did something similar as you suggested, I simply copied all fx files and renamed them according to the shockwave nomenclature (e.g. fx_navred was renamed to fx_shockwave_navred). I now did the same using your modified files, I did a copy on my desktop, renamed it again to e.g. fx_shockwave_navred and moved those renamed files back in the same addon folder containing your modified fx files. Does this work? Will P3Dv4 also consider those files or do I have to adapt another file?

Greetings, Chris

Simbol,

Just wanted to shout out a huge THANKS! for doing this fine work.  Now my AI lights sometimes look even better than my payware planes.  Really exceptional work.

Tony

23 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Simbol,

Just wanted to shout out a huge THANKS! for doing this fine work.  Now my AI lights sometimes look even better than my payware planes.  Really exceptional work.

Tony

Tony,

Many thanks for your kind words,they are really appreciated.

Positive comments like these make me feel very happy and just confirms that all the effort I am putting on this and other projects are totally worth it.

I am glad I could make your simulation experience much better, please enjoy the product as much as I do.

All the best,

Simbol

• Upvote 2

Hi SImbol,

Thanks for the quick turnaround on the update to install in a directory of choice. Will install shortly.

Cheers for the great work.

UPDATE:

Installed in the Prepar3d ssd and working fine, nice result just tried it with the Twin Otter at YSSY (had already used the ORBX light configurator for their addons) at 2100 in the Spring here. and stayed around 32fps (4K) on the tarmac, flying over the city and the harbour min 36 fps and up so no real change (hit) to fps that I could discern o very smooth. TL is 9, can't go higher with the 3930k.

Edited by Uteman
update

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

On 20/09/2017 at 1:03 AM, Uteman said:

UPDATE:

Installed in the Prepar3d ssd and working fine, nice result just tried it with the Twin Otter at YSSY (had already used the ORBX light configurator for their addons) at 2100 in the Spring here. and stayed around 32fps (4K) on the tarmac, flying over the city and the harbour min 36 fps and up so no real change (hit) to fps that I could discern o very smooth. TL is 9, can't go higher with the 3930k.

Thanks for the update, I am glad you are happy with the product and your results.

All the best,

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, TrabantDave said:

Hi Simbol, I have PM'd you about an issue I am having

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

I just contacted you privately about your problem.

Best Regards,

Simbol