viperlid

747 crashing FSX

120 posts in this topic

good day gents

Ive been using the 747 for about 2 months without any trouble until today september 13th when it started to crash upon loading. no matter the livery FSX goes crash to desktop. I ran the installer and clicked on repair. tried again and worked perfectly fine. Closed FSX and tried again with the same faulty result on crashing to desktop.

Is anyone experiencing this?

The only thing that changed from yesterday was the recent update to the 737 that was installed. Other than that nothing was modified.

 

Thanks in advance

 

Alfredo H

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Even tried a full reinstall.. and same results. 777 is working perfectly fine. but I didnt even get to the part when it asks me for the registration key. It simply crashes tight at the moment I click select on the aircraft menu.

after many many tries... sometimes loads and works perfectly fine... close the fsx and try to load the plane again and it crashes.. This is very weird. It wasnt happening just yesterday

Alfredo H

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, viperlid said:

Is anyone experiencing this?

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required to be placed in your posts here.

As far as the issue goes, please post a crash report:

Start Menu > type "view all prob" and select View All Problem Reports > find the sim in the program list > open the latest report > copy/paste into a response here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

posting problem below this line

Source
Microsoft Flight Simulator®

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎9/‎14/‎2017 2:04 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    D:\FS10\fsx.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    fsx.exe
Application Version:    10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp:    46fadb14
Fault Module Name:    PMDG_747QOTSII_2.dll
Fault Module Version:    11.14.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    572b6e57
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    00002689
OS Version:    10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    2beb
Additional Information 2:    2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3:    3893
Additional Information 4:    389396513639b137ee16ae6bc52cfbdc

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    29d061b2b9254e3ee77b13ef34419bcd (108333172013)

 

thanks for your reply

 

Alfredo Hernandez

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, viperlid said:

posting problem below this line

Running the sim as an admin, and are you using any anti-virus program?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the sim is running as admin I do have antivirus but when I run fsx I put the antivirus to silent mode and the whole folder structure is excluded from any interactivity with antivirus scans

 

I just tried again and this is the new report

Source
Microsoft Flight Simulator®

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎9/‎14/‎2017 8:59 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    D:\FS10\fsx.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BEX
Application Name:    fsx.exe
Application Version:    10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp:    46fadb14
Fault Module Name:    StackHash_cb1b
Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
Exception Offset:    PCH_B5_FROM_USER32+0x0001D9FF
Exception Code:    c000041d
Exception Data:    badc0de1
OS Version:    10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    cb1b
Additional Information 2:    cb1bddbe375a8eacb1424090c536d9bb
Additional Information 3:    b6c1
Additional Information 4:    b6c194637a81672cd3d3c4f30a91060c

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    23883e2500ccf78b552f4cb221cd9b23 (116444260994)

 

Seems to be different from the last one

thank you!

Alfredo Hernandez

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, viperlid said:

Problem Event Name:    BEX
Application Name:    fsx.exe
Application Version:    10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp:    46fadb14
Fault Module Name:    StackHash_cb1b

StackHash – There is no module on your computer system named StackHash so no need to look for it. If the StackHash is shown as the faulting module, it will have four characters next to it like StackHash_0a9e. That represents the memory address of where the fault occurred. Do not try to look for it. You will not find it.

Think hard as to what you recently did to your simulator (like installed or removed an add-on), your Operating System (did you just install a Windows Update?) or computer system (did you just update the BIOS or change a parameter in the BIOS? Overclock? Install new hardware? Update video card drivers?).

There is no known solution to BEX/StackHash errors other than reinstalling Windows and your simulator but some have accidentally fixed their problem as follows -

• Lower display driver settings

• Rebuild the simulator’s configuration. This will lower settings and eliminate tweaks that might not be working properly

• Change voltages/overclocking settings in the BIOS

• Disable all scenery add-ons in the Scenery Library. Or, move your scenery.cfg to a temporary folder and let the config rebuilt with the default configuration. If error goes away, you will have to investigate which scenery was the cause.

• Shut down/start up the simulator only in Windowed Mode but never in Full Screen.

• For FSX/FSX-SE, turn off DX10 Preview to see if this fixes the problem. If so, delete the Shader10 folder.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

 

Think hard as to what you recently did to your simulator (like installed or removed an add-on), your Operating System (did you just install a Windows Update?) or computer system (did you just update the BIOS or change a parameter in the BIOS? Overclock? Install new hardware? Update video card drivers?).

 

mmm, so far nothing intentionally on my side, OS has automatic updates though, but last one was like 3 or 4 days ago.

I have detected after many trials, that the only airport load the plane safely is default MMGL. From there I can move the plane anywhere in the world and everything seems to be worlking normally

Tried to load the plane in ELLX MMMX VHHH UNNT too, all of them with 3rd party sceneries that the plane use to load and fly into without any problems, but no success here, it crashes upon loading

 

13 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

• Shut down/start up the simulator only in Windowed Mode but never in Full Screen.

Is always working in wondowed mode :)

13 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Rebuild the simulator’s configuration. This will lower settings and eliminate tweaks that might not be working properly

Which is the proper way to do this?

 

Thankyou again!!

 

Alfredo Hernandez

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, viperlid said:

I have detected after many trials, that the only airport load the plane safely is default MMGL. From there I can move the plane anywhere in the world and everything seems to be worlking normally

Tried to load the plane in ELLX MMMX VHHH UNNT too, all of them with 3rd party sceneries that the plane use to load and fly into without any problems, but no success here, it crashes upon loading

This is a scenery issue, then. My bet is that the sceneries at those airports are not v4 compatible.

3 minutes ago, viperlid said:

Which is the proper way to do this?

Delete the P3D.cfg file. No need to do this if the above is true, however (using non v4 sceneries in v4 can cause issues, as you can see).

C:\Users\[username]\Appdata\Roaming\lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\Prepar3D.cfg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scandinavian13 said:

This is a scenery issue, then. My bet is that the sceneries at those airports are not v4 compatible.

Delete the P3D.cfg file. No need to do this if the above is true, however (using non v4 sceneries in v4 can cause issues, as you can see).

C:\Users\[username]\Appdata\Roaming\lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\Prepar3D.cfg

All of this is happening in FSX, not P3D :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, viperlid said:

All of this is happening in FSX, not P3D :)

Either way...if you're getting crashes only at certain airports, it's a scenery issue.

I have my doubts that deleting the cfg file will help that, but for FSX, it's here:

C:\Users\[username]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried at default airports KJFK KLAX EGLL and EDDF and all of them crashed, with all 3rd party sceneries deactivated at scenery library. only orbx left active.

seems extremly odd that only MMGL is working, and from there moving the plane anywhere without any problems, with or whitout 3rd party sceneries. There was no new scenery installed from sept 12 to 13 the only thing that changed was the date. :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, viperlid said:

Just tried at default airports KJFK KLAX EGLL and EDDF and all of them crashed, with all 3rd party sceneries deactivated at scenery library. only orbx left active.

seems extremly odd that only MMGL is working, and from there moving the plane anywhere without any problems, with or whitout 3rd party sceneries. There was no new scenery installed from sept 12 to 13 the only thing that changed was the date. :(

For the sake of completeness, you should deactivate all 3rd party scenery. This would help to eliminate the cause of the issue.

What version of the 747 are you running?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

What version of the 747 are you running?

v3

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, viperlid said:

v3

Start Menu > All Programs / Apps > PMDG Simulations > PMDG Operations Center

Once that's open, find the 747-400v3 in the drop down menu, and then select Version over on the left.

What does it say the version is?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now