Sign in to follow this  
viperlid

747 crashing FSX

10 minutes ago, johnk51 said:

How do you remove (KB4038788)?  That's probably what happened.

go  to control panel  add/ remove    go  to   installed  updates   and  uninstall the one  you want,   although  next  time  you  run the updates  it  will   install  again   so  you will have  to  ensure  that  it  doesnt

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yep, removed it and my 747 works fine.  Don't have time to test the 777, but I think it will work.  Now what did that upgrade do to keep the planes from loading.

John K

3 hours ago, 744 driver said:

I can definitely confirm that this is the issue because I just re-installed this update and the issue started again. Uninstalled it again and the issue went away. For me it was just the QOTS II that wouldn't load and caused the program to crash. 

All is well now but something needs to be done about this though because the updates should still be installed at some point I feel.

Thanks.

I Do confirm too. Removing the mentioned update solved the problem. I can load the 747 anywhere again!

6 minutes ago, viperlid said:

Now, how darn do I turn off the PC without installing the update again !!??

dont  know  about  w10  but  in win 7   all  you need  to  do  is  to  choose  which updates   to install  in the  update  option  so  should be  something  similiar  in  w10

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

nop. I look for it and the only solution is to set the wifi conection to "metered". That way the updater wont attempt to download and install the update. w10 does not have an option to manual or automatic installation of updates. Is always automatic. I set the wifi to metered and indeed avoided de update. It says failure to download and install update XX. Now I can shut down or restart the pc without having to deal with it. I hope PMDG guys come with a solution to this update that is messing with our QOTS.

im off, is late. Thank you gents!

my problem was with fsx and 747 ONLY..

I own 777 for fsx too and did not have troubles. And I own the 737 for p3dv4 and also no problems at all

Just found out that, even with the network settings in "metered" Windows still downloads the update. I have to periodically check and delete the update every now and then. this is becoming anoying!

This may not be a PMDG issue at all.  After the 9/12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788), virtually all of my payware aircraft including every PMDG but the NGX caused a CTD in P3D v.3.  At first I fixed this with system restore, but after the update the issue returned again, so I simply uninstalled the update.  Now, everything is working fine again.  There would need to be a commonality between all my payware aircraft (including Aerosoft, Milviz, and A2A) to explain this, and I wonder if somehow the update affected FSUIPC in some way.

Jimmy Helton

yes, but I think PMDG is the one that is going to have to look for a compatibility solution perhaps. I dont think windows is going to modify the update just because we simmers are having trouble with our payware planes. I agree is not a problem from PMDG, but from a modification to the OS.

I agree that this is frustrating, but we also don't want to jump to conclusions.  All we suspect right now is that a windows update is having a detrimental effect on payware aircraft.  What we don't know yet is how the update is interacting with P3D v.3 or FSUIPC to create the issue, and we don't have enough data yet to even confirm there is an issue (we have two data points right now: you and me).  We can certainly hope PMDG confirms (or refutes) the issue on their test systems and reaches out to the appropriate parties to work towards a solution.   LM might simply tell us to buy V.4.  I'm not sure what PMDG might or might not do.

For windows 10, I went into setting, updates/security, then clicked on advanced options under window updates.  Near the bottom you can turn on pause updates.  This will delay updates for up to 35 days.

John K

12 hours ago, johnk51 said:

For windows 10, I went into setting, updates/security, then clicked on advanced options under window updates.  Near the bottom you can turn on pause updates.  This will delay updates for up to 35 days.

my windows doesnt have that pause option. I look for it in internet and it does exist as you describe it. But for some reason I dont have it :(