Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Another set of suggestions/reports

I've got a few at once here, so forgive me for not opening a seperate topic per item :)

1. After landing I could so far not trigger a "clear right" response from the FO when saying "clear left".
    This call should be available all the time when taxiing, don't you think so?
    At least where I fly we use it all the time to check if taxiways we are about to cross are clear.
  2. Stobe lights when crossing runways.
    Any chance that the FO turns ON the Strobe light when you announce "confirm clear to cross/enter runway xx?"
    In real life it is good practice to turn the light on when crossing an active runway.
    Maybe it would even be possible for him/her to turn it off again when leaving the runway? I'm sure you could somehow detect this within RAAS and use that to trigger the light back off.
  3. FO announcements when he/she does things. For example when turning he/she turns the seatbelts on shortly before the TOD. It would be good practice to announce what you're doing when you switch something that's not part of a procedure, etc.
    The first times my FO did that I really wondered why the seat belts came on. lol
  4. I see there is presently no voice command listed to put the nacelle anti ice into the Auto position. Only ON and OFF are supported right now, while there is an Anti Icing panel available that supports the AUTO position which is used by many airlines, like Lufthansa, KLM, etc.
    Maybe this could be added?
  5. Using the Parking Brake on taxi in after landing.
    It is common that whenever you stop for a longer time (such as to give way to another aircraft) you set the parking brake. This is true on both, taxi out and taxi in.
    When I do this after landing FS2Crew will however set the chocks and, if applicable, connect the ground power.
    Any chance to change this to a more intuitive way?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

2 hours ago, Emi said:
  1. Using the Parking Brake on taxi in after landing.
    It is common that whenever you stop for a longer time (such as to give way to another aircraft) you set the parking brake. This is true on both, taxi out and taxi in.
    When I do this after landing FS2Crew will however set the chocks and, if applicable, connect the ground power.
    Any chance to change this to a more intuitive way?

Hi,

The conditions are taxi light off and parking brake set for the chocks to come if using the GPU.

Are you taxiing with the taxi light off?

Or does your model even have a taxi light?

53 minutes ago, byork said:

Hi,

The conditions are taxi light off and parking brake set for the chocks to come if using the GPU.

Are you taxiing with the taxi light off?

Or does your model even have a taxi light?

Hi Bryan,

mine doesn't have a taxilight, however when stopping you would usually turn off the taxilight anyway since it serves as an indicator to other persons, cars and pilots on the gorund/in other aircraft to indicate that you're not about to move the aircraft.

So your conditions exactly meet those which would apply to any stop on the ground and not only to those used at the parking position.

Maybe just set the chocks and apply the ground power when you actually ask for the shutdown procedure? Not perfect either, I know, but well...

4 minutes ago, Emi said:

when stopping you would usually turn off the taxilight anyway since it serves as an indicator to other persons, cars and pilots on the gorund/in other aircraft to indicate that you're not about to move the aircraft.

Never heard of that one before, but in a way it makes sense.

If you don't have a taxi light, you would use your Inboard landing lights for taxi.

Looking at the code now, the conditions are taxi light off and inboard landing lights off as well.  (I accounted for both airline options.)

So were your Inboard Landing lights off?

Prior to to reaching the gate, they should be on if there's no taxi light on your plane.

Cheers,

Hey Bryan,

I believe it would be fairly common to turn off the taxi/landing light prior to turning on to stand in order to avoid dazzling the ground staff. Likewise when stopped on a taxiway - many will turn off the lights, especially if there are other aircraft coming the other way to avoid dazzling them.

30 minutes ago, skelsey said:

Hey Bryan,

I believe it would be fairly common to turn off the taxi/landing light prior to turning on to stand in order to avoid dazzling the ground staff. Likewise when stopped on a taxiway - many will turn off the lights, especially if there are other aircraft coming the other way to avoid dazzling them.

Yes, we model that actually.  Its tied to the "lights and doors" command.

Cheers,

On 14.9.2017 at 1:48 PM, byork said:

Looking at the code now, the conditions are taxi light off and inboard landing lights off as well.  (I accounted for both airline options.)

So were your Inboard Landing lights off?

Yes, they were off. I'm using the inboard landing lights as a taxi light replacement since my 747s don't have a taxi light.
So when I stop (and know that I'll hold there for longer than a few seconds) I'll turn them off.

On 14.9.2017 at 2:42 PM, skelsey said:

Hey Bryan,

Exactly

On 15.9.2017 at 5:18 PM, byork said:

Okay, but remember the trigger for the initial shutdown flow (chocks in if GPU pre selected) is parking brake on + ( inboard landing lights / taxi lights off ).

Yeah, that's what I'm asking to be changed, since this is exactly what you'd do when stopping on a taxiway.
Maybe only trigger the initial shutdown flow when you request the shutdown procedure?

1 hour ago, Emi said:

Yeah, that's what I'm asking to be changed, since this is exactly what you'd do when stopping on a taxiway.
Maybe only trigger the initial shutdown flow when you request the shutdown procedure?

That may be possible... I'll see what I can do for SP1.

• Upvote 1