Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 v2.3.2 RC

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce v2.3.2 Release Candidate is now available!

This update includes:

• Stability and performance enhancements
  • Corrects A/P issue related to the NAV/GPS switch not working with CDI mode with some aircraft.
  • Corrects all known issues to date.

Other changes included in previously available v2.3.1 RC:

• Assistant not always decoding the correct gauge X,Y,W,H (position + dimension) in the panel.cfg file.
  • Installer reporting XML/Variant related error: we've worked on a more robust XML config tool which should prove to handle installation correctly.
  • Support for legacy GNS exported variable, which should help transitioning until aircraft vendors catch up with GNS V2.
  • Support for more default GPS commands, especially for the left knobs (push/inner/outer).
  • Added a fix for the floating point error reported when the sys_nand file has been corrupted (cdp_mfd.dll error).
  • Corrected A/P loosing ALT mode when arming APPR mode when flying with GNS vertical guidance.

Please make sure to post your feedback for this version in this thread only. Once we get enough feedback, this will become an official release through "Check Updates..."

Download link for both e-commerce installers

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks Jean-Luc!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

12 hours ago, RXP said:

[...] Corrects all known issues to date.

Hi Jean-Luc,

Update installed, but it seems the "connect GPS to VOR indicator" bug still remains (i.e. GPS taking over both VOR indicators). I assume this one was identified too late to make it into this update?

Thanks,
Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Hi Nick, v2.3.2 includes the fix for the VOR.

To help find out what is happening, here is a recap of the GNS V2 override logic:

- with CDI mode in GPS (regardless of FS NAV/GPS switch)

- with "Connect GPS to VOR indicator" enabled,

- using either "Radios" set (1 or 2) or "VLOC Source" set (1 or 2) for VOR1/2 respectively

- if it is the only GNS2, or the "GPS Master" when two GNS2 are "linked" to the same source (i.e. when 2 GNS2 are set to the same "Radios" set or the same "VLOC Source".

- then it overrides the "NAV" (1 or 2) variables.

Because you can't be sure what any third party aircraft VOR is really doing/reading, you may cross check it is working properly in using a default VOR1 and default VOR2 in a default aircraft, or with a XML var logger gauge and looking at NAV XXXX:1 and NAX XXXX:2 vars.

Also, please cross check the installer really installed the updated gauge file. You find the version in the first line of "My Documents\rxpGNS2.gau.log"

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Okay, glad I asked the question in that case Jean-Luc.

First of all...

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Also, please cross check the installer really installed the updated gauge file. You find the version in the first line of "My Documents\rxpGNS2.gau.log"

Yes, good point. I checked and the log file in question shows:

17/09/18 15:28:38.571 07088 -    ] # rxpGNS2.dll version 2.3.2.0
17/09/18 15:28:38.574 07088 INFO ] 

I also confirmed the same version number in properties of the dll itself.

This time, I captured images to show the issue in FSX-SE using the default C172SP. However, the same behaviour applies to the A2A products and default aircraft in P3DV4.

First of all let's check the behaviour with "connect GPS to VOR indicator" deselected. Here, as image 1 shows, all is okay with the CDI in GPS mode.

• NAV1 and NAV2 are both tuned to an in-range VOR on 117.00 MHz.
  • NAV1 CDI is showing deflection to the GPS direct-to course.
  • NAV2 CDI is showing deflection to the VOR radial.

In image 2, we've got "connect GPS to VOR indicator" selected and the CDI in VLOC mode. Nothing else changed, and again, all is as expected.

• NAV1 CDI is showing deflection to the VOR radial.
  • NAV2 CDI is showing exactly the same thing.

Image 3 should highlight the problem. Here, the only thing we've changed from image 2 is the CDI mode back to GPS.

• As expected, NAV1 CDI is again showing deflection to the GPS direct-to course.
  • However, this time NAV2 CDI is displaying its NAV flag. It's not deflected to the VOR radial as it should be, or even to the GPS track.

Hope this helps to clarify the issue. To be honest, I'm not sure if with the previous version image 3 would have showed NAV2 CDI deflected for GPS course too; I didn't have any GPS guidance active when testing (previous comparison image). 

Thanks,
Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Thank you for the additional info Nick. I'm starting to wonder if we've overlooked something which would be FSX-SE specific in this case. May I suggest you try something on your end (which will be quick) the time for us to do deeper tests specifically with FSX-SE (which will be longer).

- in the C172, you can see the DME showing data from the GPS too (it is overridden along the 'NAV' vars). Instead of testing with the needles, compare what the DME says. This way, if the DME agrees and the needles disagree (to the override status), it will pinpoint the issue specifically to the set of variables for the needles.

- try the same but with the default FSX-SE C208B which uses XML VOR gauges.

- if you have access to, try with P3D3 or P3D4.

No need for screenshots at this point, the ones you have provided seem to illustrate properly.

Okay, I tried the test as described in FSX-SE, Jean-Luc, and results appear to be the same for both the C172SP and C208B. With the CDI in GPS mode, a GPS direct-to loaded, and both NAV radios tuned to an in-range VOR...

• The NAV1 CDI shows deflection to the GPS track and NAV1 DME shows the GPS range*.
  • The NAV2 CDI show the NAV flag and NAV2 DME range is 0.00 NM.
  • Morse ident for NAV2 is inhibited, but ident for NAV1 can still be heard.

In other words, needles, DME and ident agree and the NAV2 radio effectively seems to be in a 'failed' state. I can test a bit later with something like the Maule M7 in P3DV4 too, but in my tests so far, behaviour has been consistent across both sim platforms.

One other observation: In the C208B, the HSI NAV flag (i.e. NAV1) is visible with CDI in GPS mode, even though the CDI apparently shows valid deflection for the GPS course.

Thanks,
Nick

*I hadn't actually noticed the problem with the DME set showing GPS range until you mentioned it!

Nick M - A2A Simulations

So this most likely is FSX-SE specific, and this might take quite a little longer to debunk. In the meantime, if you have the chance to compare with P3D4 just let me know. This will help confirm or not what the issue might be in the end.

Actually I just got round to performing the same test in P3DV4 using the default Maule M7. The result is exactly the same as described above for FSX-SE. (Even down to the bit about the HSI NAV flag showing in GPS mode in spite of there being valid direct-to course guidance.)

However, it sounds like you've not been able to reproduce the same behaviour with your installation(s) Jean-Luc?

If not, I can't think of any software I have installed that may be relevant. Other than the A2A aircraft add-ons, EZdok and Orbx scenery, all I have installed in P3DV4 is FSUIPC and I made sure to disable this completely (by moving the FSUIPC5.dll itself) for the latest round of tests.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Thank you for the details Nick, and as you said, everything is fine on our test systems. Mind you, these tests are done on bare minimum installations with no other add-ons, default scenery. In other words, the only code running are the simulator and ours. Nevertheless, we'll review this more and keep you posted. At this stage, I don't have any conclusion yet.

Thank you for your enduring patience with this!

Okay, no worries; I'll keep an eye on the forum here for any updates. If I think of anything which may be helpful in tracing the issue in the meantime, I'll let you know.

Nick 

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Still getting the G530SIM.exe stopped unexpectedly error on P3Dv4 shutdown (two error messages per instance of the gns430 v2.  It's not a big deal, it only occurs on shutdown and doesn't seem to affect operation in sim.

rxpGnsSim.dll.log:

17/09/19 15:11:52.140 12648 -    ] # rxpGnsSim64.dll version 2.3.2.0
17/09/19 15:13:31.965 10396 INFO ] GTN: 874768339 001f  -44 .\hwm_voice.c(704): Region read error on audio header data

rxpGNS2.gau.log:

17/09/19 15:11:50.159 12648 -    ] # rxpGNS2.dll version 2.3.2.0
17/09/19 15:11:50.160 12648 INFO ]
17/09/19 15:11:52.384 12648 INFO ] using GNSSIMPATH = "E:\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS"

And Windows Event Viewer:

Spoiler

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error
Date:          9/19/2017 11:14:55 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Bruce_FSX
Description:
Faulting application name: G530SIM.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bff0a69
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x54dfc1ed
Faulting process id: 0x32c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d33159da3c6242
Faulting application path: E:\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\G530SIM.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 744fc177-3409-4048-9ae7-97c6db8c4332
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-19T15:14:55.731605800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>304520</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Bruce_FSX</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4bff0a69</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c000041d</Data>
    <Data>54dfc1ed</Data>
    <Data>32c8</Data>
    <Data>01d33159da3c6242</Data>
    <Data>E:\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>744fc177-3409-4048-9ae7-97c6db8c4332</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          9/19/2017 11:14:52 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Bruce_FSX
Description:
Faulting application name: G530SIM.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bff0a69
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x32c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d33159da3c6242
Faulting application path: E:\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\G530SIM.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 774304d0-32e1-4c5f-a208-bcd9ba051431
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-19T15:14:52.408055900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>304519</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Bruce_FSX</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4bff0a69</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>32c8</Data>
    <Data>01d33159da3c6242</Data>
    <Data>E:\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\G530SIM.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>774304d0-32e1-4c5f-a208-bcd9ba051431</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11