Sign in to follow this  
MrLyo

MSVCR80.dll Error

2 hours ago, leak91 said:

However I also see that you have a Picture of your Visuals, and I notice that you have more than me (for example four Visual C++2008 instead of two) and that these are earlier versions than the ones I have (you have for example C++ 2005 version 8.0.61001. and I have version 8.0.61187) . Do I have to install all the ones you have as well (four C++ 2008, the earlier 2005, etc.) or is it just that you have been installing new ones without uninstalling old ones?

One is for 32 bit applications and one is for 64 bit applications.  My latest MS Visual 2005 is 8.0.56336 which is earlier than your 8.0.61187.  Microsoft provides security updates and bug fixes for these Visual Studio Redistributable programs occasionally and I think you just need to make sure you have the latest one.  I doubt there are anymore bug fixes to the 2005 redistributables and probably just security updates.  I do know that MS Visual 2005 was updated with SP1 just before Acceleration was released and should be installed (not mandatory).  Microsoft is making it more and more difficult to manually update the Visual as they have moved to Microsoft.  I think the key is the fact you have the 2005, 2008, 2010,2012, etc., series installed (both the 32 bit and 64 bit).  FSX is a 32 bit program so would need the 2005 32-bit Redistributable.  Think P3DV4, a 64 bit program is using the 2012 64-bit Redistributable.  I have not messed with installing/updating Redistributables at all.  I let Windows Update do it or sometimes my Driver Booster program will see it needs to be updated and will update it.  I use Driver Booster (a freeware/payware program that updates hardware drivers).  It does a very good job as your SATA controllers, USB ports, etc., all need to be updated when bugs are found too.  You can do it manually but will have to go searching for the drivers and you need to know what to look for.  Driver Booster does it automatically.  I use the payware version.

When I installed FSX (boxed version), it installed MS Visual 2005 and Microsoft.net 1.1.  Comes with the software.  Windows Update then updated them when they saw they were out of date.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

14 hours ago, Jim Young said:

One is for 32 bit applications and one is for 64 bit applications.  My latest MS Visual 2005 is 8.0.56336 which is earlier than your 8.0.61187.  Microsoft provides security updates and bug fixes for these Visual Studio Redistributable programs occasionally and I think you just need to make sure you have the latest one.  I doubt there are anymore bug fixes to the 2005 redistributables and probably just security updates.  I do know that MS Visual 2005 was updated with SP1 just before Acceleration was released and should be installed (not mandatory).  Microsoft is making it more and more difficult to manually update the Visual as they have moved to Microsoft.  I think the key is the fact you have the 2005, 2008, 2010,2012, etc., series installed (both the 32 bit and 64 bit).  FSX is a 32 bit program so would need the 2005 32-bit Redistributable.  Think P3DV4, a 64 bit program is using the 2012 64-bit Redistributable.  I have not messed with installing/updating Redistributables at all.  I let Windows Update do it or sometimes my Driver Booster program will see it needs to be updated and will update it.  I use Driver Booster (a freeware/payware program that updates hardware drivers).  It does a very good job as your SATA controllers, USB ports, etc., all need to be updated when bugs are found too.  You can do it manually but will have to go searching for the drivers and you need to know what to look for.  Driver Booster does it automatically.  I use the payware version.

When I installed FSX (boxed version), it installed MS Visual 2005 and Microsoft.net 1.1.  Comes with the software.  Windows Update then updated them when they saw they were out of date.

Thanks Jim. On my way home from work now, going to see if my many hours of uninstalling and reinstalling all kinds of stuff yesterday fix the problem. I'll keep you posted!

Lyonel Aguilar

Just wanted to report that all my MSVCR problems are gone now after I bought ASN (replacing FSXWX) and freshly installed FSX:SE, all visuals and net frameworks. I however had already done the latest three before, so I suspect FSXWX. Lesson I learned? It pays off to use payware ;-) NOTE: I had gotten MSVCR error with a demo version of ASN once, don't know why. Have however never gotten it with the full. Could be that that waa with my old computer and too high settings.

• Upvote 1

Lyonel Aguilar

On 1/5/2018 at 1:44 AM, leak91 said:

Just wanted to report that all my MSVCR problems are gone now after I bought ASN (replacing FSXWX) and freshly installed FSX:SE, all visuals and net frameworks. I however had already done the latest three before, so I suspect FSXWX. Lesson I learned? It pays off to use payware 😉 NOTE: I had gotten MSVCR error with a demo version of ASN once, don't know why. Have however never gotten it with the full. Could be that that waa with my old computer and too high settings.

Sounds like you got this resolved.  I am keenly interested.  I had (5) CTD's yesterday and the MSVCR80.dll Error was reported in all (5).  I did revert to interim FSUIPC saved flights each time, which picking those up as they were may have led to the upstream successive crashes.  This was to be a four hour flight.  I do not have many of these (FSX) and competed a different four hour flight the day before with the same aircraft and same weather engine without fails.

Interesting that I was using AS16 as my wx engine.  Weather and winds were complex.  After the first two crashes I instead loaded FSGRW as my wx engine and still had a crash about 30 minutes later.  Reverted to AS16 after a complete system reboot and still had the issue.

I tried but perhaps failed to follow the back and forth between you and Jim about Net Framework.  Do you believe that helped you solve your issue back then.  What steps should I take to verify or enhance my Net Framework foundation.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  You may respond via PM here if you wish.

Best Regards.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

I had (5) CTD's yesterday and the MSVCR80.dll Error was reported in all (5).

Page 26, AVSIM CTD Guide provides information on Microsoft Visual's and Microsoft.net (there's a link to a repair program).  This error is thrown when there is a problem with the installation or you do not have the right Microsoft.net needed by the developer to run his add-on.  In leak91's case, the issue was solely with FSXWX and we have seen a lot of issues with FSXWX lately.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was fighting for the last week with CTD involving MSVCR80.dll.

I did every possible thing mentioned in this post. Unfortunately without success. Until I became aware that Active Sky 2016 was one of the last adons installed. But this adon is not known to cause mentioned problems. Well, beeing completely desperate, and as last option, I uninstalled Active Sky 2016...

...since then no more CTD due to MSVCR80.DLL...

Intel Core i7-7500U up to 3.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M with 4 GB VRAM, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 Home