Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

My first Xplane11 Photoreal Scenery

I realize I won't be adding much more Ortho.  The Maricopa county Ortho took up 25GB of space, so much so I had to move XPlane to a different partition vs. it's default C drive installation.  Good thing with X-plane is its architecture lets you do this.  I might add the SF Bay area, that will be about it.

John

Edit: Just started my SF Bay Area project, we'll see how that turns out in a couple of hours.  More screenshots to come.

Ortho works great off an external drive.  Since the scenery is free to create, unless you have to pay a lot for bandwidth, I figure purchasing a 5TB external drive was well worth the investment. I have set up photoscenery for all of the western USA. Florida, and some of the Eastern seaboard, select regions in Canada, most of the UK, and large sections Western Europe all on the one drive. Not bad for about $150 when you consider how much payware scenery can cost. I use ZL18 for 3kms around airports and ZL17 for the rest.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2