Dane Watson

What Causes This Terrain Issue?

Recommended Posts

This has got me stumped. My FSX-SE settings are obviously out of wack but it only happened about a week ago, up until then I have been very happy with my settings and appearance for a good year.

I really cannot figure what I need to do to get the terrain to display correctly as you can see from the print screen as you fly over areas the terrain appears to have lakes but then repaints itself into the correct land mass that it should be - can anyone help with suggestions what I need to do or check out?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XLb7UFadHbJrFrwp1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had something similar going on in FSX SE with Orbx scenery.  Went to the DX10-Fixer (so from DX9 to DX10) and I haven't seen it since.   Performance improvement I'm guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

This has got me stumped. My FSX-SE settings are obviously out of wack but it only happened about a week ago, up until then I have been very happy with my settings and appearance for a good year.

I really cannot figure what I need to do to get the terrain to display correctly as you can see from the print screen as you fly over areas the terrain appears to have lakes but then repaints itself into the correct land mass that it should be - can anyone help with suggestions what I need to do or check out?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XLb7UFadHbJrFrwp1

Hi Dane, this should be fairly easy to recitfy. It is seen most often with Orbx sceneries. This is due to the necessity of correct library placement. It will be one of two things. 1) conflicting mesh, ie, you may have a third part mesh installed alongside Orbx sceneries. 2) The library insertion points are incorrect. For the first, try disabling any third part mesh and for the latter, ensure any Orbx sceneries have the correct library insertion points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi Dane, this should be fairly easy to recitfy. It is seen most often with Orbx sceneries. This is due to the necessity of correct library placement. It will be one of two things. 1) conflicting mesh, ie, you may have a third part mesh installed alongside Orbx sceneries. 2) The library insertion points are incorrect. For the first, try disabling any third part mesh and for the latter, ensure any Orbx sceneries have the correct library insertion points.

Thank you, later today I will investigate your suggestions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SimSlim said:

I had something similar going on in FSX SE with Orbx scenery.  Went to the DX10-Fixer (so from DX9 to DX10) and I haven't seen it since.   Performance improvement I'm guessing.

Thank you, I forgot about looking into DX10 Fixer, will check that later today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to you both - I have now solved the issue - not sure exactly what fixed it but this is what I did:

Uninstalled my third party airport addons then reinstalled them.

Checked FTX ORBX sceneries - they were all OK

Uninstalled my DX10 Fixer libraries and reinstalled it

Reconfigured REX Texture/Soft Clouds and reinstalled it

That's all I did and all is now good. Thanks again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen that before too.

I'm fairly sure that that issue is caused with ORBX being scrambled. Seems like the fix is just starting FTX central and it should detect and fix the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slayer said:

I've seen that before too.

I'm fairly sure that that issue is caused with ORBX being scrambled. Seems like the fix is just starting FTX central and it should detect and fix the problem. 

Thanks, I actually did just that as my first item out of three. Like I had said I am not sure which of the three fixed the issue.

Dane...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Thanks, I actually did just that as my first item out of three. Like I had said I am not sure which of the three fixed the issue.

Dane...

Glad you got it sorted Dane :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now