vp49p3

Panel Configuration Question

On 8/31/2017 at 1:15 PM, Nick M said:

. . . However, the "panel" folder for each aircraft should still contain the relevant *.cfg file (e.g. "panel_RXP_530.cfg") which can be copied and renamed to just "panel.cfg", overwriting the file that's already there.

Hi-thanks much for the tip, but I don't understand the above. If I copy that file and rename the copy and save it, that won't overwrite the existing file--it creates a second file with the same content and a different name.  Do you mean simply renaming the existing file, or creating a whole new file with the same name? If a whole new file with the same name, what is its content?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What i have discovered for Duke B60 configurator working with rxp :

B60 config tool don't watch for P3dv4 directory into registry, but FSX directory (i can see that using Procmon.exe, it search for "SetupPath" value into "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0" key and it verify than "fsx.exe" exists). 

So :

my P3dv4 is installed into D:\P3d4

I had to put in registry

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0"

SetupPath = "D:\P3d4"

create a dummy "fsx.exe" flie into D:\P3d4 folder and put a dummy rxpgns.dll into D:\P3d4\gauges folder.

nb : The duke must be install into P3d4 (D:\P3D4\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke B60 V2)

20 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

Hi-thanks much for the tip, but I don't understand the above. If I copy that file and rename the copy and save it, that won't overwrite the existing file--it creates a second file with the same content and a different name.  Do you mean simply renaming the existing file, or creating a whole new file with the same name? If a whole new file with the same name, what is its content?

Hello,

Just to give a bit of context for the benefit of anyone who reads this thread, the text you quoted relates to swapping around predefined panel.cfg files that A2A Simulations provide with their products to enable add-on GPS integration. Ordinarily this process would be done by the "A2A Aircraft Configurator", but at the time of writing, this utility doesn't support the new P3D-compatible RXP GNS.

To clarify, you can just delete the existing "panel.cfg", and then rename your edited copy of "panel_RXP_530.cfg" to just "panel.cfg", thereby replacing it. If you wish to restore the default panel.cfg for any reason, simply run the A2A Aircraft Configurator and select "DEFAULT".

Thanks,
Nick

• Upvote 1

You're welcome Jay. One other thing to bear in mind is that to use the full functionality of the KAP 140 autopilot simulation in the A2A Cessnas, you'll need to make sure "connect GPS to VOR indicator" is ticked in the RXP configuration panel. You'll also want to make sure you have the the latest RXP update installed.

Regards,
Nick

Hi, a quick note: v2.3.3 is the version officially released, which means it is the one you get when downloading from our website, and it is the one you also get when selecting "Check Updates..." in the settings panel.