Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

Zenith 701 for FSW progress.

3 hours ago, Gary Law said:

Any chance to build a Robin HR200 / DR400?
It seems that no one is willing to make it a payware - also I wonder if it is easy to get the licensing with the company as well.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Robin.html

7 hours ago, Gibbage said:

The Maule is on my short list of aircraft that I would model next.  I modeled and textured the one in MS Flight for Microsoft, so im familiar with it.  The biggest problem would be trying to license it.  

As for floats, its something im looking at doing if I can find enough information and references on them.

You did it?

Thank you, this  aircraft i like the most. Not only in MS Flight but overall. Did most of my flight simming hours in the MS Flight Maule. Love it and still miss it.

Looking forward to your contributions in FSW.

Another update on my Facebook page.  The cockpit is almost fully textured!  Just a few more tweaks and weathering.  Hoping to run it through the SDK and get it in-game soon.

Gibbageart Facebook page

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

It looks fantastic. Very enjoyable to watch the progress on your FB page, thanks for doing that.

Barry Friedman

Very good looking Model!  I've flown in two Zenith 601's, one a homebuilt and one mfr. built LSA.  They are fun aircraft to fly, although the LSA had trouble with its wings that resulted in a spar upgrade.  I flew one in Florida and one in Arizona at a flight school in 2006.  The 701 is a hardy, STOL aircraft with great short field performance.

I've also flown a Luscombe 8A, amazing historic taildragger.  In the air, it was the most well harmonized aircraft I have ever flown, and I flew it in some wind and some chop.  Of course I had a CFI in there with me since I was a student pilot.

I flew the Luscombe from a grass strip in PA.  I leveled off at about two thousand feet AGL and flew about ten miles from the field, did some gentle 360's, then flew back toward the field to line up for final.  The flight instructor let me overnight at his home.  At the field there were some tall trees right before the threshold of the grass runway, so he did what he called an "ally oop", a dive over the trees then a strong flare to touch down.  He could roll to a stop in less than one hundred feet on the soft, wet grass.

John

Another quick update ;)  

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer