Sign in to follow this  
fautleyj

B763 FMC

Hi Folks. Hope somebody can help. Every time I align the IRS's and then set the position in the FMC I get my first way point 1000nm+ at the top of the FMC legs page, and needless tom say a message saying Insufficient fuel. I know I am aligning the IRS's correctly and adding the co-route in the FMC correctly. So, does anybody know why I am getting this ridiculous waypoint 1 1000's of miles away, and nothing to do with my flight plan.

Thank you

John

Check that geographic Longitude and Latitude bearings on that waypoint that says you are a 1000NMadrift. That is why you are getting that Insufficient Fuel message in the FMC.

Thanks for that vcman, I realise the reason for the insufficient fuel message, but checking the Long' and Lat' of the waypoint won't take it out of the FMC. I need to know why it is registering in the FMC in the first place.

Sometimes waypoints have analagous names with another waypoint 1000s of miles away. When entering such a waypoint into the FMC however- it should give you the option to select the right one

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

1 hour ago, fautleyj said:

Thanks for that vcman, I realise the reason for the insufficient fuel message, but checking the Long' and Lat' of the waypoint won't take it out of the FMC. I need to know why it is registering in the FMC in the first place.

19 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

Sometimes waypoints have analagous names with another waypoint 1000s of miles away. When entering such a waypoint into the FMC however- it should give you the option to select the right one

As bjratchf quite rightly states, when you select a waypoint that you yourself have created as opposed to being loaded from a Flight Planner, e.g PFPX, then you need to double check that that waypoint does not have what bjratchf has pointed out to. E.g. LISTO in the Manchester airspace can also be a LISTO elsewhere with different bearing points.