Sign in to follow this  
phil hazelton

737 brakes inguaging

has anyone experienced the brakes on aircraft keep coming on when I tap on the brakes . I then have to set parking brake the nrelease it several time on taxing

phil Hazelton

Sry I have no idea what you mean... 

FSX? P3Dv? Can you please become a little more specific? =)

cheers

Phil,

On your Simulator go to the Axis assignements and find the Brake Left and Brake Right axis. Make sure that the reverse box is checked. Form your description is sounds that this is the issue

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

If you're referring to the brakes engaging when you tap your brakes, then this is completely normal and desired. If you're referring to tapping your brakes sets the PARKING brake then check your axis assignments or button assignments as suggested above.

Milton I believe he means he taps the brakes and they remain engaged. The only way to release them is via setting unsettling the parking brake, This behavior is what the wrong setting on the reverse box will do.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

14 hours ago, philthy Phil said:

has anyone experienced the brakes on aircraft keep coming on when I tap on the brakes . I then have to set parking brake the nrelease it several time on taxing

phil Hazelton

have you removed wheel chocks from the FMC? if set they will not allow you to remove parking brakes

Manuel Merelles

the brakes engage and lock when I tap them as I'm taxing .

FSX ....... computer set up for FLT SIM ......15 yrs sim pilot ...... and reverse lock is set correctly

this just started happening , it does it on all planes now .............no error messages , no other FLT probs with it ?

10 minutes ago, philthy Phil said:

this just started happening , it does it on all planes now .............no error messages , no other FLT probs with it ?

If it's just now happening, then there is something that you have changed. Computers, though occasionally enigmatic, do not just randomly start doing things. If it is happening to every aircraft, then it's likely a hardware misconfiguration.

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers