Sign in to follow this  
psb

Not tried dx10 Fixer

i lose plane textures on some aircraft when trying the dx10 preview but after turning it off i get them back if i install the fixer can it be turned off if required so i can go back to the old planes that are not dx10 compatible textures or not would appreciate feedback on this before installing 

• Upvote 1

Yes! There's a button on the fixer's front end which does this - "Switch" which turns DX10 on or off.

However, the fixer may well be able to fix the missing textures! :cool:  DX-10 preview is very broken, and that's why Steve created the fixer I believe. There are legacy options within the fixer too which may help.

EDIT - oh and WELCOME TO AVSIM!!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Yes the fixer will fix almost all aircraft that by default appear untextured in DX10 preview.  Some will need 8 bit textures  updated  - see the comet thread as an example - there is actually a tool to automate the process supplied with the fixer.   There are a few aircraft that need the transparency of windows changed.

thanks for the help folks i will give it a try i also noticed orbx scenery as black boxes when using the dx10 preview does the fixer sort this?

is orbx dx10 compatable?