psb

Not tried dx10 Fixer

5 posts in this topic

i lose plane textures on some aircraft when trying the dx10 preview but after turning it off i get them back if i install the fixer can it be turned off if required so i can go back to the old planes that are not dx10 compatible textures or not would appreciate feedback on this before installing 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes! There's a button on the fixer's front end which does this - "Switch" which turns DX10 on or off.

However, the fixer may well be able to fix the missing textures! :cool:  DX-10 preview is very broken, and that's why Steve created the fixer I believe. There are legacy options within the fixer too which may help.

EDIT - oh and WELCOME TO AVSIM!!

Yes the fixer will fix almost all aircraft that by default appear untextured in DX10 preview.  Some will need 8 bit textures  updated  - see the comet thread as an example - there is actually a tool to automate the process supplied with the fixer.   There are a few aircraft that need the transparency of windows changed.

thanks for the help folks i will give it a try i also noticed orbx scenery as black boxes when using the dx10 preview does the fixer sort this?

is orbx dx10 compatable?