Sign in to follow this  
sammy031

VFR Scripts (Work in Progress)

On 9/26/2020 at 6:42 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A does not really handle VFR Airspace transitions yet.  However, I fly in the DFW area in the real world, and making the trip you have depicted, I would just stay under the Class B, go south at 3500 ft to Lancaster then turn West, avoiding the corridor where  the Class B airspace bottom is 2700 ft.

To get clearance, contact any of the Approach control frequencies to get VFR flight following.  In P2A, you can just request VFR clearance and ATC will give you Flight Following in the clearance.

Dave

I'm just getting started with P2ATC and yes, using this in VFR doesn't seem to work very well, so any help would be useful, thanks

This is great, thank you - I'm gonna try VFR with P2ATC for the first time today.

Class refers to the type of airspace. Class G and E airspace tell you cloud clearance and visibility rules. Class D and C airspace require 2 way communication with ATC to enter, and class B airspace requires explicit permission from ATC to enter.

• Like 1

This is my second day with pilot2Atc. This forum saves my life and this scripting is superuseful. VFR is so different in every country. In italy unicom is not used (for what I understood at least) and there are so many variants between Vatsim, IVAO, real world, pilot2atc, single people attitudes and so on... it's really confusing. 

Yesterday I attempted my first VFR assuming it would have been easier than IFR and I wasn't able to get a VFR clearance in Milano area untill I contacted Zurich control (doesn't make any sense).

Thank you for the help. Whoever is interested in VFR through pilot2atc in italy please contact me to share informations and stuff. 

Thanks again!