Sign in to follow this  
Manny

GT Sport plain sucks!

Gran Turismo Sport came out this week. I was going to take a break from Flight simming for a change ...which I usually do when the GT franchise comes out.

But GT just has its new Coke moment! Ha HA! They ripped the main meat and  potatoes of the game and built a series from just  its trimmings.

http://wccftech.com/gran-turismo-sport-career-mode/

Amazon reviews

https://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-Sport-PlayStation-4/dp/B01FT72NOO?th=1#customerReviews

Why do successful Franchise rip what they do best and try something totally offbase? Ace Combat did that once and almost destroyed their franchise too, now they are returning to the old ways and trying to climb back up.

GT has completely lost it as well

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The GT franchise has indeed fallen. I fondly remember GT1 and 2 (scratch and sniff printing on the CD's ??) Going for the licences, getting enough cash to buy the aftermarket parts, tweaking, heck even washing the cars :D

I went the way of the Xbox so didn't pursue the other instalments. I do have a PS3 and played GT 5, but I distinctly remember one of the early muscle cars available (Mustang Mach one I think), NOT having a proper V8 engine sound. Sorry but I like V8s and that was kind of the deal breaker for me. Forza did/does it better, and as for Project Cars with the early Lotus Cosworth DFV powered F1 cars... WOW! Turn up the speakers whilst fighting with the beast around Oulton Park!! Oh and Project Cars was free with Gold membership recently. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

8 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

... as for Project Cars with the early Lotus Cosworth DFV powered F1 cars... WOW! Turn up the speakers whilst fighting with the beast ...

... and that is a sound that you will seldom (if ever), hear on the M55 or the A590 Mark!! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I know, it's a crying shame IMHO... :tongue:

However, back to street V8s I was underwhelmed. I used to run my SD1 Rover V8 with the back box removed - sounded pretty sweet. My 3rd Gen Trans Am had not a lot in the way of muffling, neither did one of my 2.8i Capris. Sorry, I'm just an old school hooligan. (Hate 4 pot ricer fart cans!)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)