Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

[RESOLVED with KB4054517]Issues with PMDG aircraft and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (build 1709)

LH747Fan you can read my post, it works for me but with some limitations.

Regards

On 2017/10/24 at 6:23 AM, Andreas Stangenes said:

Did some more searching and found out it was indeed kb4041676 that was causing my crashes. I uninstalled it and p3d v3 is working like a charm again.

HI! How did you uninstall it?

My issue is that “sometimes” my payware aircrafts including A2A, Majestic Q400, and FSLabs A320 would “stuck” during a flight. The P3D windows showed “No response” and then P3D crashed. Recently I rarely fly OMDG so I am not sure about PMDG. 

So if I try your way, it’s also possible to fix my issue?

Thanks!

Iching Lee from Taiwan

I have no idea if my fix will fix your issue. If you are on win10 then right click on start menu, go to "apps and features", and from there find your way to windows updates (its on the right hand side of the window). Just right click and uninstall. I searched for a way to stop windows from updating back on the next reboot, and there is indeed a microsoft tool to prevent these trouble updates from updating back. Just google it.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Windows over the last few years has become a mess.   Ever google how to do something within control panel?   You're lucky if you hit the pages that match their latest version of how and where they have put things.   They seem obsessed with moving things around, and I'm not seeing that it is for the better.   In fact, all the really important settings sometimes still require command line commands.

Their latest "idea" of sneaking around and changing the internals a couple of times a year is a model I can't stand.   Go back to major updates (new OS) every few years so that consumers have choice of sticking with that they have (and works with their software).   I have a dedicated MIDI rackmount on an old MS OS that is now disconnected from the Internet to keep it virus free, but the software on it costs thousands of dollars to replace with the latest version on the OS.

My girlfriend bought a printer a few years back, made the mistake of not taking out of the box for a few years and now there are no drivers to support it on a modern OS.   It's essentially junk.

At any rate, the Creators Update has not only wrecked my flight simulator, but lots of other basic functions too - something I read can happen if your motherboard is more than 8 years old.

Sorry for the rant.    Am trying to "undo" the update as I write this.

Mark

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I have no idea if my fix will fix your issue. If you are on win10 then right click on start menu, go to "apps and features", and from there find your way to windows updates (its on the right hand side of the window). Just right click and uninstall. I searched for a way to stop windows from updating back on the next reboot, and there is indeed a microsoft tool to prevent these trouble updates from updating back. Just google it.

Thanks... I will try to find it.

I know I can revert back to the previous version. However, I am not sure if I just revert back, would it cause more trouble because something has been messed around.

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Guest alanmetcalf

This is an edited post, thought I had some info on the OS update this month but I made a mistake.

Edited by alanmetcalf
Wrong info

On 11/2/2017 at 5:59 AM, Dio said:

Hi to all of you, Has any one tried PMDG without any add-ons? Just FSX and the PMDG 737 NGX for example?

Actually I did. MSDN copy of Windows 10 Pro, only installed Chrome, Steam, Office, Visual Studio as essential software, then completely clean FSX SE and PMDG products only. 

So the issue can be isolated to FSX/Windows UI objects. 

• Upvote 1

Did anybody try to run Flight Simulator in "Windows 8" compability mode after Creative Update? it made the "error creating child windows" crash go away for me, that is in FSX: SE using DC-6.

I am only getting "an unsupported operation was attempted" using FSX menus, but no longer CTD.

• Upvote 2

Hi the best way to run our Flight Simulation Software is to use a dedicated HDD only for Windows 10 and Simulation software only. I have a strange feeling that Microsoft won't fix it just because some simulation software crashes. Has anyone noticed the same behavior like "Error creating child Window" Or Unsupported Operation Error when running other software?  

Another approach is to Format the disk install 1703 with internet disabled and after the first logon uninstall the Windows Update Assistant. I think that Fall Creators Update won't be installed.

Please Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards 

Hi! Everytime i choose the PMDG T7 in FSX, the simulator crashes to desktop. Is this issue caused by the new creators update also? 

BUT. There are more errors. 

My P3D v4.1 has been down for weeks. 

It's not working.  

I am having .Net framework ctd. Together with others. 

Prepare3d gives instructions to find the error by going through the exhausting uninstall circus and install a little bit of the time. 

People have done this. I link to this.  

And P3d are still ctd. 

And prepare3d don't seem to no, just now. 

Something seem to be hugely wrong for the moment with prepar3d and several window OS. 

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127165&e=1&view=unread#unread

All the best 

Jens 

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Hi everyone, I think that we gave the permission to Microsoft to download and install windows Creator Update. I think that the best practice is  a clean installation of 1703 which automatically installs the upgrade assistant. Uninstall the Upgrade assistant and your Windows will receive updates only for 1073 Version. And that's all. At he moment i don't have any problems with 1709 as long i don't use the FSX menus while in flight or after have loaded PMDG 737 NGX. All flights are going well BUT exiting the program will Lead to CTD, most of the times.

Regards