Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

[RESOLVED with KB4054517]Issues with PMDG aircraft and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (build 1709)

2 hours ago, dirky said:

I had also the problem in FSX : "Unsupported operation" and crash when choosing 'Go to airport' or 'Set time and date'. in the FSX menu.

I ran the program in Windows 7 compatiblity mode and no problem anymore so far, fingers crossed.

Dirk Nerinckx

I tried running Win 7 compatibility as administrator and I did not have the usual error during the initial boot (error at 80%). I tried with Aerosoft Airbus having momentarily uninstalled PMDG. He did CTD when I closed the menu. As soon as I can, I will try to fly to see if the fateful mistake does not appear.

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

I'm running FSX-SE and have running it as administrator in compatibility modes Windows 8.1 & 7.0. Neither attempts were successful. Still getting the "Cannot create child window" error message when attempting to access the in-game menu or bring up a 2D subpanel via keyboard shortcuts.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

After some more testing, KB4038788 in September caused FS-Lab's Concorde-X to CTD for me. That update also caused more widespread issues for many P3Dv3 users based on the LM fourm.  It would appear that Tuesday's update fixed the KB4038788 as Concorde-X is working as well as the PMDG airplanes on my system. Now we just obviously need 1 more update to fix what was broken with the creators update.

-Seth Goodwin

No issues at all with 1709 and the NGX with FSX! Some test flights today during which I deliberately messed around with menus, opening and closing multiple windows and stuff and it just worked, no problems at all. I was fully expecting problems but none to be found.

I should add "so far".

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

On my system (FSX):

The 737 and 747 "work". This means 8/10 times it will load. If I don't open additional menus (map popup), then I can fly without problems. 7/10 times if I subsequently open a popup, it will crash.

The 777 always crashes.

According to the bug report over at MS, the problem is fairly random so that explains why it doesn't always crash.

As a developer, I feel with PMDG how frustrating something like this is.

Regards

Mark

• Upvote 1

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Is this also affecting P3D v4 users?

Today I got a notification from Windows that the Falls Creator Update is ready to be installed on my system. Should I wait or are only 32-bit applications affected by this update?

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

21 minutes ago, simtom said:

Is this also affecting P3D v4 users?

Today I got a notification from Windows that the Falls Creator Update is ready to be installed on my system. Should I wait or are only 32-bit applications affected by this update?

According to MS, only 32 bit apps.

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

NVIDIA Inspector also doesn´t work after updating to 1709...! This update was a mess

No problems with the update.  As usual I'm probably doing something wrong. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

1 hour ago, Bluestar said:

No problems with the update.

Are you using P3D v4?

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

21 minutes ago, simtom said:

Are you using P3D v4?

I'm using 4.1.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

48 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I'm using 4.1.

blaustern

The issue being talked about in this thread is about FSX and P3D v3 because they're 32 bit apps.