Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

LatinVFR releases San Diego v2 for P3dv4

40 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

It's crashing for me.  I tried to post over at the LVFR forums but for some reason I can't. I could not get the scenery to load without it crashing p3d with a g3d error updated my drivers installed the hotfix and tried again but it was a no-go. Wen't back to the previous version all was good again. Hoping somebody can give me an idea of where to start looking.  

Hi,
I am sorry about the forum, I am having a hard time getting hold of the forum administrator.

did you have the other developers KSAN? if so have you tried this?:

1 hour ago, jalbino59 said:

Wen't back to the previous version all was good again. Hoping somebody can give me an idea of where to start looking.

G3D error indicates your p3d.cfg and/or display driver settings are set too high.  Save your p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off, restart P3D and see if this fixes the problem. 

You also indicate you went back to the previous version.  That might be causing a conflict if you have it installed and being loaded as well as the new version.  In my Addon Manager I made sure the old version was disabled under the add scenery tab AND where you add a component like textures because, if the component Texture is being loaded and so is the new Texture, then a crash will probably occur during the loading phase.  So, make sure the old scenery is completely disabled in the Addon Manager.

When I installed the product, I right clicked the installer and selected Run as Administrator.  Probably not necessary but... well, the scenery was installed and it did not crash on loading.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

42 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi,
I am sorry about the forum, I am having a hard time getting hold of the forum administrator.

did you have the other developers KSAN? if so have you tried this?:

Hello Ricardo, no I didn't have the other KSAN, just LVFR's prior version (1.3). I deleted the entry from the scenery library and the scenery folder of that version before installing the new (2.0 and 2.0_hotfix) version. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

10 hours ago, regis9 said:

Then I had a CTD with ucrtbase.dll on rotation

This was a known issue in V4.0.  It was fixed in V4.1, especially for Carenado aircraft. 

In regards to the aircraft sinking in the runway, Orbx and others have placed elevation files in Scenery/World/Scenery.  Everything in the Scenery/World/Scenery is loaded on every flight so you would want to go in there and remove any that might be conflicting.  You should also check to make sure you have disabled KSAN in MyTraffic6, if installed.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

10 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

G3D error indicates your p3d.cfg and/or display driver settings are set too high.  Save your p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off, restart P3D and see if this fixes the problem. 

You also indicate you went back to the previous version.  That might be causing a conflict if you have it installed and being loaded as well as the new version.  In my Addon Manager I made sure the old version was disabled under the add scenery tab AND where you add a component like textures because, if the component Texture is being loaded and so is the new Texture, then a crash will probably occur during the loading phase.  So, make sure the old scenery is completely disabled in the Addon Manager.

When I installed the product, I right clicked the installer and selected Run as Administrator.  Probably not necessary but... well, the scenery was installed and it did not crash on loading.

Thanks Jim, 

My settings are very moderate since I'm running a GTX960 I know that I don't have a very high powered system. Here is a list of the scenery that I'm running with the same settings. I made sure not to install either version on top of each other, I deleted each scenery before I installed a different version. It may be time for a new gpu but as you can see I run some pretty complex scenery and my gpu does not give a problem with any other scenery.  

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

I see that is a lot of scenery but it won't be loading unless it has photoscenery.  Photoscenery loads no matter where in the world you are located and takes up resources.  Everything in the world/scenery/world folder loads too whether you want it to or not and Orbx likes to use that folder (hopefully they will get away from that in future upgrades).

I noticed the LVFR installer installed the addon.xml but it did not include the components to the scenery.  In the scenery directory, there is a Scripts and Texture folder.  Those components are added to the addon.xml for KSANv2. Make sure those components were added under Other Addons and then add the components to KSANv2.  This is how I was told this scenery has to be installed and I followed what FSDT had done when it installed their scenery (they have many more components!).

When I suggest renaming or deleting your p3D.cfg and restarting P3D so it can be rebuilt, it is just a test to make sure your settings or a setting or tweak in the P3D.cfg is not causing the issue.  If you continue to get the crash, then you can delete the rebuilt one and rename the p3d.cfg.off to p3d.cfg and start investigating for another reason for the crash.

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

I got a reply from a customer that was having the same issue earlier today. He said that by rebuilding his scenery.cfg everything got normal and KSAN v2 ran good. Can you try that?

• Upvote 1

Your installer made an addon.xml for the scenery (which is the proper way for P3DV4 scenery).  A scenery.cfg can still be used but the addon.xml would have to be removed from Documents/P3DV4 Addons folder.  The scenery.cfg will not be rebuilt if renamed or deleted but it will load a default scenery.cfg (which means the individual might have had ksan in the scenery.cfg AND an addon.xml.  In that case it is likely an error will occur as the scenery is loading from two separate sources.

Submit News to AVSIM

21 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Your installer made an addon.xml for the scenery (which is the proper way for P3DV4 scenery).  A scenery.cfg can still be used but the addon.xml would have to be removed from Documents/P3DV4 Addons folder.  The scenery.cfg will not be rebuilt if renamed or deleted but it will load a default scenery.cfg (which means the individual might have had ksan in the scenery.cfg AND an addon.xml.  In that case it is likely an error will occur as the scenery is loading from two separate sources.

That's right, we don't touch the scenery.cfg, but users might have used and added scenery there and that might be a cause for some issue.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I noticed the LVFR installer installed the addon.xml but it did not include the components to the scenery.  In the scenery directory, there is a Scripts and Texture folder.  Those components are added to the addon.xml for KSANv2. Make sure those components were added under Other Addons and then add the components to KSANv2.  This is how I was told this scenery has to be installed and I followed what FSDT had done when it installed their scenery (they have many more components!).

When I suggest renaming or deleting your p3D.cfg and restarting P3D so it can be rebuilt, it is just a test to make sure your settings or a setting or tweak in the P3D.cfg is not causing the issue.  If you continue to get the crash, then you can delete the rebuilt one and rename the p3d.cfg.off to p3d.cfg and start investigating for another reason for the crash.

Yes I noticed that too, just to make sure I don't make things worse, are you suggesting that I add the components using the "Other addons" radio button in the Addon Organizer? I've not done this before with any of the other sceneries I have. 

Jose A.

18 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Yes I noticed that too, just to make sure I don't make things worse, are you suggesting that I add the components using the "Other addons" radio button in the Addon Organizer? I've not done this before with any of the other sceneries I have. 

Hi,

the safest thing I could suggest, though Jim has offered a good suggestion, I would recommend you do a clean re-install of KSANv2, [first] remove all older components (version 1) from the scenery library and the prepar3dv4 addons folder containing SAN v2 and v1, and re-install  it and see. If not sure, lets hear from Jim if my suggestion can be good.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi,

the safest thing I could suggest, though Jim has offered a good suggestion, I would recommend you do a clean re-install of KSANv2, [first] remove all older components (version 1) from the scenery library and the prepar3dv4 addons folder containing SAN v2 and v1, and re-install  it and see. If not sure, lets hear from Jim if my suggestion can be good.

Ricardo, I took a chance and added the components to the xml using the addon organizer here is the result. Unfortunately It did not help. The strange thing is that if I load into another scenery and then switch to KSAN using the "go to airport" option in the sim. It loads without a problem.  

Jose A.

10 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Ricardo, I took a chance and added the components to the xml using the addon organizer here is the result. Unfortunately It did not help. The strange thing is that if I load into another scenery and then switch to KSAN using the "go to airport" option in the sim. It loads without a problem.  

Jose, can you remove the ksanv2 addon folder in the documents folder, then load P3d, verify that the default KSAN is just showing both in the airport and in the scenery library, no old KSAN v1. Then do a re-install, let the installer add the addon.xml and check to see.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Jose, can you remove the ksanv2 addon folder in the documents folder, then load P3d, verify that the default KSAN is just showing both in the airport and in the scenery library, no old KSAN v1. Then do a re-install, let the installer add the addon.xml and check to see.

Done the default scenery loads properly no problem at all  and no signs of the version 1.x scenery. Once I reinstall v2 it crashes. I think I'll try to re download the package from sim-market. Maybe its a corrupted download. 

Jose A.