Wise87

LatinVFR releases San Diego v2 for P3dv4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have most of their products, including San Diego. But since I have ORBX SoCal, I decided to try ORBX San Diego, and I like it too.  Regardless, I'm happy to hear this is a first in a series for LatinVFR.  They have a lot of good airports from FSX, especialy in the Americas that are going to look great redesigned for P3Dv4!

Hi Folks,

Big fan of LVFR - I've probably used Key West more than any other airport I own - see you at Sloppy Joes when they port it to v4...

Regards,
Scott

Just took a closer look, pretty good, I've never bought any  LatinVFR Airports before but that may change soon.  :happy:

25 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I have most of their products, including San Diego. But since I have ORBX SoCal, I decided to try ORBX San Diego, and I like it too.  Regardless, I'm happy to hear this is a first in a series for LatinVFR.  They have a lot of good airports from FSX, especialy in the Americas that are going to look great redesigned for P3Dv4!

I have the earlier version of LatinVFR KSAN but went for the much better Orbx KSAN (their airports are right up there with Flightbeam).  Now, how does the newer LatinVFR compare with Orbx?  Nice thing about an Orbx airport is that is fits perfectly in the Orbx region.

I have the previous version, which was not jump for joy awesome, but OK.

CTRL-J (IK) jetways instead of the more versatile SODE fare is a little underwhelming for a P3Dv4 release, though.

Regards

Does Orbx’s KSAN have SODE jetways? Their site just says they’re animated. 

I updated to this version.  It is very good in my opinion.  Much improved over the older version.  I found one building that floated above the foundation but it is hardly noticeable.  Lots of vehicles in the parking lots.  I also have the ORBX version of SAN but I have not loaded it until it is released for V4.  I'm not sure I will go back to the ORBX version.  This one is very well done in my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, kenthom said:

I updated to this version.  It is very good in my opinion.  Much improved over the older version.  I found one building that floated above the foundation but it is hardly noticeable.  Lots of vehicles in the parking lots.  I also have the ORBX version of SAN but I have not loaded it until it is released for V4.  I'm not sure I will go back to the ORBX version.  This one is very well done in my opinion.  

When ORBX first released their San Diego KSAN, there were many comparison between their product and LatinVFR, and also a very detail video. In my opinion, LatinVFR one was better overall (just the airport)
Not sure if ORBX has updated KSAN since then, but I'm curious of buying the newer version of LatinVFR or get the ORBX.

If you and others can have a better detail comparison it would be great! 
Thank you,

Hoang Le

31 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Does Orbx’s KSAN have SODE jetways? Their site just says they’re animated. 

I'm fairly sure that it does not use SODE.

6 minutes ago, Hoang said:

When ORBX first released their San Diego KSAN, there were many comparison between their product and LatinVFR, and also a very detail video. In my opinion, LatinVFR one was better overall (just the airport)

I'll take your word for it, but most of the online reviews at the time said just the opposite. Here's Jordan King's review from March, 2017 comparing LVFR V1 and ORBX KSAN, for example:

But given that the LFVR version was 3 years old at the time of the review, an updated version could be a lot better. I own a bunch of LVFR airports and they are top notch. But ORBX KSAN is also an excellent product.

3 hours ago, downscc said:

I have the earlier version of LatinVFR KSAN but went for the much better Orbx KSAN (their airports are right up there with Flightbeam).  Now, how does the newer LatinVFR compare with Orbx?  Nice thing about an Orbx airport is that is fits perfectly in the Orbx region.

Not sure where you get the "much better" from... I've seen some side-by-side video reviews of the two and the conclusion was that it was definitely *not* better... (worse at some things, better at others), and there was no clear winner. 

Will have to see what this v2 improves. 

Well, this orbs versus lvfr "which is better" is a bit pointless until someone actually tries this new airport! 😊

Anyone tested this? I like the idea of native v4 scenery, I'll be interested to see how performance, including dynamic lighting, goes.

28 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Well, this orbs versus lvfr "which is better" is a bit pointless until someone actually tries this new airport! 😊

Anyone tested this? I like the idea of native v4 scenery, I'll be interested to see how performance, including dynamic lighting, goes.

I'm thinking the Dynamic Lighting performance will depend a lot on what a/c you have at the airport. 

7 minutes ago, joemiller said:

I'm thinking the Dynamic Lighting performance will depend a lot on what a/c you have at the airport. 

From testing so far - see the dynamic lighting thread - it's more of a problem when lots of airport lights are visible at once. At ESSA, no impact in PMDG from cockpit view, but in external view, once lots of lights were visible at certain angles, 1080ti hit 100% and the frame rates dropped.

also, with regards to aircraft lights it's important what the light is shining on - I would hope that a v4 Sdk airport would play well with aircraft dynamic lights. We will see!

I just tried the new version and I still see they have the issue with the tires still sinking slightly in the ground on the taxiways.  This is the same problem with the older version. It only happens at the end of Rwy 27 and taxiways. In there forums they said they would address this on there next release.

https://prntscr.com/h2h7lh

-- I have the ORBX KSAN, and though the airport itself is pretty, all of the surrounding's photo-scenery is simply awful- looks very "amateurish." 

--- So, is this this new one  (LaqtinVFR) when it comes to the airport surroundings.. how far out did  they extend the scenery, and does it looks good (or great or poor), or is it also a poor quality photo-scenery?  

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Big fan of LVFR - I've probably used Key West more than any other airport I own - see you at Sloppy Joes when they port it to v4...

Regards,
Scott

Hey Scott -- version 2 of KEYW works fine with P3D v4. I fly in all the time :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joemiller said:

-- I have the ORBX KSAN, and though the airport itself is pretty, all of the surrounding's photo-scenery is simply awful- looks very "amateurish." 

--- So, is this this new one  (LaqtinVFR) when it comes to the airport surroundings.. how far out did  they extend the scenery, and does it looks good (or great or poor), or is it also a poor quality photo-scenery?  

Here is what their press release says:

• Photo scenery and autogen, covering 30 square Miles
  • Detailed city (downtown) and major landmarks.
  • Approach path for runway 27 extremely detailed and done with a customized 3D mesh (5 meters)
  • Extremely detailed customized 5 Meters mesh.

Will be purchasing next week.

• Upvote 2

I have been unable to get the jetway to work with Ctl-J.   Tried moving the plane around a bit since the TFDI did not line up correctly.  Nothing worked.  Visually I really like it.

1 hour ago, pgde said:

Here is what their press release says:

• Photo scenery and autogen, covering 30 square Miles
  • Detailed city (downtown) and major landmarks.
  • Approach path for runway 27 extremely detailed and done with a customized 3D mesh (5 meters)
  • Extremely detailed customized 5 Meters mesh.

Will be purchasing next week.

Hmmmm, Interesting!

Upgrade price is right at $10, will probably pick it up.  I had bought the ORBX version in their last sale, and it looked nice, but I kept getting crashes in v4.

51 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Hmmmm, Interesting!

On their forum, their representative said they were aware of what their competitor covers in their release and wanted to be competitive so they expanded their coverage area. :)

I got the upgrade for $10 since I had the older version.  From what I have been able to see so far it looks really good.  I do notice the issue with the wheels being slightly sunk into the ground but I cannot recall if I had that issue on the previous version.  Now for the bad news, I have had a CTD on every one of my 5 attempts at checking out the airport.  This was with the default F22 and I have not had a single CTD in P3D 4.1 up until now.  It seems related to the new scenery at least on my system.  I may uninstall and test the default airport to make sure....

I just flew into KSAN at night and I’m not sure if it’s the KSAN surrounding area but the photo real scenery lights don’t match very well with the airport or regular area lights. Is anyone else seeing what appears to be very vivid ground lights?

If you look at my photo you can see where the orbx lights are compared to KSAN scenery.

http://prntscr.com/h2jfbf